Date Posted: November 4, 2020
Deadline: February 28, 2019
Organization: The Skinner Company
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Wages/Salary: Salary and Benefits • Salary range $14-21/hour based on experience • Annual bonus based on company performance • Paid vacation and holidays • Employer retirement contributions &amp; Profit Sharing Plan
Qualifications and Training
High School diploma required; degree in related field a plus
Experience with inventory control
Excellent organizational and leadership skills
Attention to detail
Proficient in Microsoft Office, UPS WorldShip and/or Sage Accounting Software a plus
Ability to lift up to 80 lbs.
Experience or the ability to learn to operate a forklift
The Skinner Company is looking for a full-time employee with some experience in inventory control to oversee the manufacturing of our pipe repair product line. The position is responsible for ordering and receiving warehousing inventory, supervising assembly workers and shipping product. The ideal candidate will have experience working for a company with a large parts inventory, be a good manager of personnel, be able to work independently, and have good problem-solving skills.
- Inventory control to include purchasing and receiving inventory, cycle counts, and establishing re-order points.
- Supervise assembly workers and complete a performance appraisal for each employee annually.
- Plan the daily, weekly, and monthly production activities necessary to meet the set goals. Confirm that the necessary material is on hand and needed manpower is available.
- In addition, the job also requires attention and improvements to the production process. Cost reduction, time reduction, as well as improvements and maintenance of tools/machines should be reviewed and adjusted when necessary. Spot testing and evaluation of inventory items should be implemented to improve product standards.
- Manage trucking/shipping vendors to insure quality and timely delivery.
- Handle all shipping procedures which include best shipping method, best packing practices, maintain shipping supplies inventory, and reduce shipping time and errors.
- Assist on the assembly line when not managing production, inventory or shipping.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment by implementing an end of day clean up, as well as, a weekly Friday clean up. Must also keep the upper and lower warehouse clean and organized.
- Produce various weekly and monthly reports.