Date Posted: March 20, 2023
Deadline: August 31, 2023
Organization: Boys and Girls Clubs of the Lakelands
Website: View Website
Job Type: Part Time
Wages/Salary: $9-10 per hr
• Demonstrate and promote Core Values
• Implement Curriculum
• Plan, implement, facilitate, and supervise programs and activities
• Provide guidance and role modeling to members
• Design colorful and informative displays and bulletin boards promoting program areas
• Assist in the execution of national projects and exhibits
• Mentor and inspire youth, adults and volunteers in the creative process
• Keep records of participants, schedules, attendance and program results
• Mandatory First Aid/CPR
• Other duties as assigned
Physical and Mental Requirements:
Must be comfortable performing multi-faceted projects in conjunction with day-to-day activities. Ability to get along with diverse personalities while at all times displaying tact, maturity and flexibility. Physical requirements include sight, hearing, standing for up to four hours per day, and ability to implement programs. Skills essential for success include speaking, writing and knowledge of the computer.
Job Title: Program Specialist/Sub
Position Classification: Part-time (seasonal); M-F (between the hrs. of 2-6:30); working 3-4 hrs. a day; $9-$10hr.
Reports To: Campus Director
Plan, implement, facilitate, and supervise activities and programs. Promote safety of members, quality of programs and appearance of the Club at all times. Program Specialist/ Subs will only report to work when needed to sites in their selected region.
Knowledge, skills and abilities
• Ability to deal effectively with staff, youth, parents, local community leaders, schools and churches
• Demonstrate good written and verbal communication skills
• Knowledge of youth development.
• BI-LINGUAL IN ENGLISH/SPANISH A PLUS
• Understand the Clubs’ philosophy, vision and goals
• Ability to establish and cultivate positive relationships with youth
Minimum Education and Experience
High School Diploma/GED or college degree. 6 months to 2 years program delivery experience. (Hourly rate depends on level of education/experience)
Environment & Working Conditions:
After school/Recreational settings that include being in/out doors. Occasional weekend and evening work to support organization’s fundraising events and activities.
125 N. University Street
Greenwood, SC 29649
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.