Project Analyst I
Date Posted: November 4, 2020
Deadline: November 15, 2020
Organization: Pike Engineering
Location: Greenville Area
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. REGULAR ATTENDANCE is required.
2. EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE Required High school degree or GED. Preferred Associates degree (AA or equivalent from two-year college or technical school). In Engineering Technology or related field.
Experience 5-7 Year(s) Experience in distribution/utility or related field.
ON-THE-JOB TRAINING: None
A.Ability to read and interpret documents such as procedure manuals, operational procedures, etc.
B.Ability to write reports, Business correspondence, and procedure manuals. C.Ability to effectively present information in one-on one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
1.Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw and interpret spread sheets.
2.Ability to compute rate, ratios, and percent and to draw and interpret spreadsheets
3.Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
A.Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
B.Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Be well versed in the basic tenants of line construction and maintenance.
• Must have a working knowledge of and adhere to the National Electric Safety Code and the ability to recognize distribution equipment and associated hazards.
• Be held accountable for maintaining all confidences regarding highly sensitive and proprietary information.
• Assures quality workmanship and on time delivery to the client for all projects assigned.
• Supports the organization’s vision and strategy and demonstrates initiative and personal accountability to meet work demands according to the highest standard.
• Exhibit organizational and planning skill
• High commitment to achieving goals and plans
• Demonstrated skills in verbal/written communications
• Demonstrated negotiating and decision-making skill
• Demonstrated management and business skills
• Demonstrated skills in providing leadership, motivation, vision, and direction
• High energy level with the ability to work in a fast paced, ambiguous environment
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and follow through on assignments
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representatives of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Project Analyst position provides day to day support to project managers and supervisors to insure assigned projects are properly set up, assigned and tracked appropriately throughout their lifecycle. The Project Analyst must have a strong working knowledge of both client and UCS work management and accounting processes/systems in order to perform the functions of the role. The role will have daily interaction with field and engineering groups as well as client representatives.
**Local candidates preferred**
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: With limited supervision, the incumbent will:
•Plays an active role in project analysis, project work flow and assists in the preparation of deliverables to achieve defined objectives to the satisfaction of the client and of management.
•Utilizes data gathering tools and methods to analyze and gather data needed for project requirements.
•Supports the project team on project administration and process improvements. • Reviews and documents the requirements of a project throughout its lifecycle. •Provide lead support on local employee relations activities, office functions, client functions, etc
• Ensures the entire project team completes the project within its planned scope and schedule. Works with project team to proactively identify issues and workable solutions affecting project results and profitability.
•Enters necessary project information into the financial accounting system to allow for accurate project coding, invoicing and accounting and reviews field technician timesheets for accuracy and operative time management.
•Facilitate effective project meetings (project kickoff, client alignment, status meeting, progress review, etc.)
•Promote meaningful performance related feedback/input to appropriate management and project team members
•Maintain proper levels of quality control and manage document control on all project as required; including paper and electronic filing and record keeping
• Perform other duties as assigned by management.
COMPLEXITY OF WORK: Non-routine; general polices applied to frequently changing situations.
RELATIONSHIP OUTSIDE WORK GROUP: Influences decisions of moderate nature requiring high degree of tact.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
288 Fairforest Way
Greenville, SC 29607
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.