Date Posted: November 4, 2020
Deadline: November 29, 2019
Organization: Bowers-Rodgers Children&#039;s Home
Location: All Counties
City: Greenwood and surrounding counties
Website: View Website
Job Type: Part Time
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactory. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee must be 21 years of age to comply with state licensing requirements.
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED) and one-year experience or training.
- Must have the ability to read in English and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Must have the ability to write routine reports and notes.
- Must have the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Must have the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Must have the ability to deal with problems as instructed through New Employee Training.
- SC Driver's license and insurability under Bowers-Rodgers' auto insurance policy. Required to successfully complete Children and Residential Experiences (CARE) training.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- The employee frequently is required to walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Care for group of children housed in private, non-profit children’s home under supervision of Home Manager, by performing, but not limited to, the following duties:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide nurturing, supportive environment with sensitivity to issues of victimization and child abuse.
- Assist children by developing daily living skills.
- Give instruction to children regarding desirable health and personal habits.
- Discipline children and recommend or initiate other measures to control behavior in accordance with Bowers-Rodgers behavior management policy.
- Ensure that case plan is followed.
- Record all notable behaviors and health issues in standard case management format.
- Escort child to designated activities.
- Perform housekeeping duties in Home.
- Administer first aid treatment and dispense medication according to records.
- Assign volunteer duties.
- Work with other shift personnel in constructive and professional manner.
- Participate in bi-weekly staff meetings and trainings as directed by the Home Manager.
- Required to actively participate in continuous quality improvement activities.
Bowers-Rodges Children's Home is a private, non-profit home providing emergency intake services and residential care for abused, neglected and abandoned children in Greenwood and surrounding counties. We are looking for employees who wouldlike to make a difference in a child's life and are looking for a rewarding and meaningful career.
Greenwood, SC 29648
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.