Quality Inspector (1st shift)
Date Posted: December 6, 2021
Deadline: January 20, 2022
Website: View Website
Job Type: Part Time
- High school diploma or GED equivalent from an accredited institution.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- No relocation benefit is offered for this position. Only candidates residing within the immediate area of the Greenwood facility (50-mile radius) will be considered for this position.
- Two-year technical degree in Engineering.
- Minimum 1 year of assembly experience.
- Minimum 1 year of experience in MS Windows environment (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint).
Strong verbal and written communication skills, persuasive skills, and analytical problem-solving skills. Work with individuals and groups to effectively participate within team environment. Willing to work flexible hours and overtime in support of business needs. Utilize various hand tools to assemble and verify quality in a Lean environment.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; reach at or above shoulder level; grip; and use hands to handle and feel. The employee is frequently required to walk; stoop; lift; carry; push; pull; and grip. The employee is frequently required to lift/carry up to 50 pounds. The employee is frequently required to push/pull up to or greater than 50 pounds. The employee may be required to use material handling equipment, including powered industrial vehicles. The vision requirements include far and close vision with depth perception and color discrimination. While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to listen and to talk.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly exposed to noise and frequently exposed to dust.
As a contractor with the Federal government, Eaton is subject to the Executive Order mandating COVID-19 vaccination. As permitted by applicable law, the candidate(s) hired under this posting must provide evidence of full vaccination as defined by CDC guidelines, or request a medical, pregnancy or religious accommodation exempting them from the requirement. Vaccination status will not be verified until after an offer of employment is provided, and candidates may also request a medical, pregnancy or religious accommodation at that time.
In the Quality Inspector role, you will perform a variety of specific and detailed inspection functions required by customers to ensure their product meets or exceeds specifications, requiring selection of inspection equipment, methods, procedures, and techniques appropriate to the product and customer expectations.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will make certain all checklists, red tags, and written process changes are complete and cleared by certified personnel signatures. You will also notify area supervisors, production managers, and others as required of problems in a timely manager to resolve CAR’s prior to shipment dates.
- You will keep records on all defect information to establish historical database.
- You will properly use and maintain inspection equipment.
- You will review drawings and examine structure to isolate defects and utilize all appropriate resources such as supervisors, production managers, engineers, and product managers.
- You will support problem solving and continuous improvement efforts.
- You will verify work completion to the specification.
- You will complete incoming critical part inspection for proper documentation and conformance to current drawing revision. You will prepare Wisper Defective Material Reports (DMRs) for non-conforming material. You will contact supplies for material return authorization.
- You will ensure reject parts with hold tags received from work areas are inspected to verify non-conformance.
- You will maintain and change critical parts codes and have responsibility for record retention of critical parts.
2210 Hwy 72 221 E
Greenwood, SC 29649
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.