Sales & Marketing Apprenticeship
Date Posted: November 4, 2020
Deadline: September 1, 2020
Location: Greenville Area
City: Greenville, SC
Website: View Website
Job Type: Part Time
Our Apprenticeship differs from a traditional internship in that you’ll gain in-depth, on the job training in an accounts-based role—think less coffee-fetching and more immersing yourself into the daily rhythm of a creative business.
This program is not designed to provide a general overview of working in an agency. This apprentice is considered an integral part of our accounts, sales, and marketing team. An apprentice will observe how our team handles activities and challenges in a real-world context and learn how to creatively, effectively, and independently solve the same kinds of problems. To ensure growth and development as part of the Engenius team you’ll have weekly 1-on-1’s with the Sales and Marketing Director and quarterly evals and check-ins to ensure assigned goals and objectives are met.
The Engenius Apprenticeship is a part-time position designed for students or recent college graduates who are interested in pursuing a career in digital marketing and are eager to get their feet wet in an agency environment with a focus on account management, sales, and marketing.
In this role, you will learn:
- Web and WordPress basics
Although this role is heavily account-focused, success at our agency requires a basic knowledge of the web and the WordPress CMS (so that appropriate recommendations can be made to clients). An apprentice will learn basic WordPress skills, including basic website editing, testing, and design/structure best practices.
- Excellent client communication and support
Engenius hosts and manages more than 170 websites for clients in all industries. An apprentice will play a large role in the Engenius Support process: responding to client requests, troubleshooting problems, building rapport with clients, and working with our team to execute and/or assign tasks as necessary.
- Effective marketing and business development
An apprentice will work alongside our director of accounts to identify business opportunities, effectively process inbound leads, attend and participate in client meetings, and make service recommendations to new and existing clients.
- Front Desk/Office Management
- Greet and welcome office guests
- Direct visitors to the appropriate person and meeting room
- Answer, screen, and forward phone calls to appropriate team members
- Assist with office inventory
- Client Support/Account Management
- Maintain superior customer service and provide an excellent experience for clients
- Process and traffic client requests using our support ticketing software, Teamwork Desk
- Resolve issues in a timely manner by clarifying the customer’s requests; determining the root cause/need; and working with production team to execute the best solution
- Perform support tasks on client websites and the Engenius website (changing out images, updating text, adding blog posts, etc.)
- Perform testing on client websites prior to launch
- Create and deliver website health reports to clients to assess overall performance
- Sales and Marketing
- Assist with inbound sales efforts, including:
- Processing inbound leads
- Scheduling and participating in discovery phone calls/meetings
- Maintaining accurate client records in CRM
- Assisting with proposal creation
- Assist in the management of Engenius social media accounts
- Assist with monthly SEO and PPC maintenance
- Assist with inbound sales efforts, including:
The following are required for Apprenticeship eligibility. Please be prepared to provide examples if asked.
- Completed or working toward 2 or 4 year college degree preferred
- Desire to pursue a career in digital marketing
- Demonstrated experience communicating with customers in any professional setting (such as an applicable internship)
- Demonstrated understanding of Engenius’ core values
- Highly proactive
- Able to proactively identify action items from meetings
- Able to identify solutions to potential problems before they arise
- Ability to work both in a team and independently
- Strong listening and communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Time management skills and ability to prioritize to-do lists
- Complex problem solving skills
- Ability to ask for, receive, and implement feedback (both positive and negative) from others
The following aren’t required for an Engenius Apprenticeship, but you certainly get bonus points!
- A degree related to marketing or communications
- Past marketing experience (internships are okay)
- Basic WordPress knowledge or experience using the CMS
- Experience with time tracking or project management software
- Experience with a CRM (Hubspot, Sharpspring, Salesforce, etc.)
1012 E Washington Street
Greenville, SC 29601
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.