Date Posted: February 4, 2022
Deadline: July 1, 2022
Location: Greenville Area
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time Part Time
Wages/Salary: Students are enrolled full-time and actively participate in the Scholars Program, while being provided with tuition assistance and part-time employment at a competitive wage (starting at $14 per hour) each semester. Fast Track Scholars earn $18 per hour to start. All BMW Scholars are eligible for the BMW Group Medical and Prescription coverage along with their dependents.
Requirements for the classic Scholar program:
- Full time student status and commitment to attend school year round is required
- Students must be enrolled in a degree related to one of the BMW Scholar program tracks such as mechatronics, maintenance, automotive, robotics, engineering, welding, logistics, etc.
- Students must be entering or in their 1st - 3nd semester of degree study to be considered
- Minimum 2.8 GPA required
- Successful completion of the BMW pre-employment assessment is required
- Successful completion of the pre-placement physical and substance abuse tests is required
- Commitment to working up to 20 hours per week at BMW during the course of the program
- Participation in internal BMW MC training is required
Details for the fast track Scholar program:
The BMW FastTrack Scholars Program allows successful candidates to gain training and valuable on-the-job experience while working full-time at BMW Manufacturing Co., LLC. The program is designed for college graduates with an Associates degree who may not have hands on work experience.
BMW Fast Track Scholars will spend their time working and training in ONE of three designated program tracks: Automotive, Information Technology, or Technical with rotations between the manufacturing departments of the Body Shop, Paint Shop, and Assembly. Upon completion of the one-year program, there is no obligation for continued employment by or with BMW MC.
Starting wage is $18.00 per hour
Medical and prescription coverage is available
- Attach a copy of your final college transcript
- Minimum 2.8 cumulative GPA is required
- MS Office experience required (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Completion of a related two-year Associates degree within the past three years (technical degree highly preferred)
- Degree majors that are related to one of the four designated program tracks such as Mechatronics, Electronics Engineering, Industrial Electronics, Automated Manufacturing, Automotive or Computer Technology are highly preferred.
- Non-program related Associates degree and 2 years of applicable work experience to one of the program tracksSuccessful completion of the pre-placement physical and substance screen
- Commitment to working 40 hours per week at BMW MC during the program
- Participation in internal BMW MC training
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Time management and organizational skills
BMW Manufacturing Company is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of BMW MC to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all qualified persons regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Employment with BMW Manufacturing Co., LLC (BMW MC) is at-will and may be terminated at any time, with or without notice, at the option of BMW MC or the employee.
The BMW Scholars Program is an apprenticeship program that partners with local area technical colleges. The program allows students in manufacturing-related degrees to attend class full-time while working part-time at BMW Manufacturing Co., LLC.
This program allows students to further their education while gaining valuable experience in a high-tech manufacturing environment with the potential of becoming candidates for full-time employment at BMW Manufacturing Co., LLC after successful completion.
Our partnering colleges: Greenville Technical College, Spartanburg Community College, Piedmont Technical College, and Tri-County Technical College offer the programs and support you need to achieve your educational and career goals. They provide high-quality learning opportunities at a cost people can afford from locations they can reach. Since the scholar program began in 2011, the colleges have worked with BMW to deliver relevant skills, giving students what they need to qualify for great jobs and succeed in their careers.
1400 Highway 101 South
Greer, SC 29651
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.