Technical Student Internship
Date Posted: September 2, 2021
Deadline: February 28, 2022
Organization: BAE Systems
Website: View Website
Job Type: Part Time
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Must be currently enrolled at Piedmont Technical College, Aiken Technical College, Midlands Technical College, and Augusta Technical College pursuing a technical program such as Industrial Maintenance, Welding, Machine Tool Technology, or related fields
- Technical Student is expected to maintain eligibility requirements set by respective school if applicable
- If at any point in time the Scholar's no longer meets the school eligibility requirements, they will be unable to continue their participation in the program
- Ability to work PT (up to 20 hours per week) while maintaining full time student status in school
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Relevant trade experience
- Enrolled or completed Safety in the Work Place during first semester
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
How does it feel to work on a team driven to make a big impact? Empowering. We believe your career should always be growing. And that’s exactly what it will do at BAE Systems. You'll hit the ground running with a company truly committed to your growth as you enjoy a special camaraderie on a team dedicated to protecting what really matters. Build your future at BAE Systems.
BAE Systems is seeking to hire a part time Technical Students to support our Combat Mission Systems (CMS) Business area onsite at our Aiken, SC facility. This program is targeting students currently enrolled in a technical Maintenance, Welding, or Machining program at Piedmont Technical College, Aiken Technical College, Midlands Technical College, and Augusta Technical College. Program requirements outlined by respective schools must be met to be eligible to participate, if applicable.
Throughout this program you will partake in a unique opportunity to gain academic and practical experience simultaneously. Relocation will not be offered, and housing is not provided. Participation in this program does not obligate the company or the student to full-time employment following graduation.
As a Technical Scholar, associate degree or certificate areas can include but may not be limited to:
- Welding (WLD)
- Machine Tool Technology (MTT)
- Industrial Maintenance (IMT)
15 Windham Blvd
Aiken, SC 29805
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.