Tourism Coordinator I
Date Posted: November 4, 2020
Deadline: September 4, 2019
Organization: SC Dept. of Parks, Recreation and Tourism
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Associate degree in hospitality, marketing, public relations, retail or closely related field preferred, or high school graduate/GED + two years of customer service and public contact experience in a related field.
- Requires lifting up to 50 pounds, travel, inventory duties, and working 37.5 hour rotation with weekends and holidays. Job includes extensive walking and standing. Computer skills and some overnight training-related travel required. Requires strong customer service skills.
- Ability to provide visitors with travel-related information; assist visitors with directions and reservations; stock and inventory literature. Job includes extensive walking, standing and the ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs. Computer skills and some overnight training-related travel required. Strong customer service, oral and written communication skills required.
- Valid Drivers License required.
Travel Coordinator I's are to provide excellent customer service to every visitor of the Welcome Center, increase visitor spending in South Carolina through front-line information service and promotion of South Carolina destinations, thus influencing current and future visitor travel plans.
- Provide a positive, quality customer service experience to visitors of the Welcome Center. Promote destinations and accommodations to visitors in order to extend stays and increase visitor expenditures in South Carolina.
- Expand personal scope of knowledge of South Carolina tourism product and Welcome Center operations by participating in regular training, as budget and schedule allows.
- Maintain complete and accurate inventory of literature and promotional materials to support visitor information and customer service efforts.
- Gather and enter traveler research information into database.
- Maintain a good working relationship with all Visitor Service staff and partners to ensure program goals and objectives are met. Encourage open communication and practice and promote teamwork within the center and on the Welcome Center grounds.
- Practice and promote teamwork with PRT departments and external tourism partners.
- To Complete 30-60-90 day checklists, on-boarding, on the job training, and FAMS towards National Certification.
Actual Job Location: Landrum Welcome Center.
37.5 hours weekly to include weekends and holidays.
The South Carolina Department of Parks, Recreation & Tourism is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer.
1205 Pendleton Street
Columbia, SC 29201