Tourism Marketing Coordinator
Date Posted: August 20, 2021
Deadline: August 26, 2021
Organization: SC Dept. of Parks, Recreation and Tourism
Location: Columbia Area
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Wages/Salary: $38,000 annually
Assist the Digital Engagement Manager in providing relevant, enticing tourism information to consumers through various digital marketing platforms including social media and e-marketing as well as supporting the other cooperative program areas within the agency as needed.
1) Assist the Digital Engagement Manager with DSC Social Media Efforts.
2) Coordinate the Co-op Facebook Boosted Posts and eScapes Newsletter Programs.
3) Manage Partner Web Listings and Event Calendars.
4) Produce Monthly eScapes and Quarterly Golf Links Newsletters.
5) Assist with the Governor's Conference on Tourism and Travel.
6) Assist the Interactive Manager with managing the DAM (Digital Asset Management System) and Web Content on DiscoverSouthCarolina.com.
7) Practice and promote teamwork within Sales and Marketing Office and throughout the Agency. Serves as a liaison to business and governmental groups, state industry, etc. Abide by the Code of Conduct.
MINIMUM AND ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
A bachelor's degree in marketing, communications, journalism, business, hospitality and tourism or another related field and 1-2 years relevant professional experience.
1) Valid South Carolina Drivers License. Occasional weekend and evening work will be required as well as occasional in and out-of-state, overnight travel.
2) Must have experience with computer software programs and applications that allow the individual to market effectively to the consumer traveler. Candidate must demonstrate the ability to self-direct and meet deadlines. A successful candidate must think creatively, write effectively and exhibit technical ability in relevant digital marketing programs. Candidate must be able to communicate effectively and provide excellent customer service, as well as be accurate and detail-oriented. A willingness to learn and be a cooperative team member is essential.
Actual Job Location: SCPRT Central Office -Tourism, Sales, and Marketing.
37.5 hours weekly.
The South Carolina Department of Parks, Recreation & Tourism is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer.
1205 Pendleton Street
Columbia, SC 29201
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.