People Helping People
Thank you for your interest in the People Helping People Campaign. The Piedmont Technical College Foundation is exceedingly grateful for the contributions received over the years by donors like you. Every penny donated goes to support the mission and goals of the college. Without your support, fewer students would have the opportunity to reach for and achieve their dreams.
Last year, thanks to your generosity, contributions to the Foundation’s annual People Helping People Campaign, in addition to the interest earned on the Carroll J. Williams Student Assistance Endowment, we were able to touch the lives of approximately 200 Piedmont Technical College students utilizing $29,261!
Here's how we helped!
- Assisted 36 students with emergency funds thanks to those of you who restricted your gift to the Carroll Williams fund. ($8,279 used to assist students to stay in school with the purchase of books, transportation, gas, or class supplies.)
- Touched the lives of 99 MODELS Academy students through assistance to fund the cost of some of their events. A total of $4,032 was provided through Models Academy designated giving.
- Awarded 2 Brighter Futures Scholarships of $500 each through gifts restricted to this purpose.
How will the funds be used?
The People Helping People Campaign funds, directly and indirectly, support students at Piedmont Technical College. This year, the funds we collect will go toward the following initiatives. Please designate one of the following funds with your contribution, unless you would prefer to submit an unrestricted gift.
- The Carroll Williams Fund
In 1988, the Piedmont Technical College Foundation established the Carroll J. Williams Student Assistance Fund to memorialize one of our own. Many may remember Carroll Williams, a faculty member who was known for reaching into his own pocket to help a needy student through an emergency situation simply to keep him/her enrolled in college. While direct giving to a student may not be the best practice for our current times, a corporate means does exist and far exceeds the ability of one lone faculty member. Now thirty years later, the Carroll J. Williams fund, thanks to contributions from the members of our Area Commission, Foundation Board, faculty and staff, retirees, continues to help students attending Piedmont Technical College.
- MODELS Academy
MODELS Academy is a holistic mentoring and personal development program that addresses the social, academic, career and cultural development of African American males in grades 5-12. Members of MODELS Academy are prepared to become mentors, advocates, and role models for the youth within their communities. Your gifts will go a long way in supporting the mission of the MODELS program.
- Adjunct Professional Development
Gifts for Adjunct Professional Development will go toward purchasing needed professional memberships and providing internal/external learning opportunities for this vital subgroup of college personnel.
- Brighter Futures Scholarship
This scholarship is the Piedmont Technical College Scholarship Committee’s “Choice Award” and is available to any Piedmont Technical College student.
Ways to Give
There are several ways to give to the People Helping People Campaign. Please designate your gift for one of the funds above, or note that you are making an unrestricted gift. We will gratefully accept any amount you choose to give. You can contribute through the following options.
- Payroll deduction
To pledge if you have not donated previously, follow these instructions:
- Log in to Pathway and select the Employee tab.
- Click Benefits on the left side of the screen.
- Once at the Benefit Summary Date Criteria screen, click Miscellaneous and click Add a New Benefit or Deduction, then choose PTC Foundation and follow the instructions.
Your payroll deduction will begin with the January payroll.
You can donate to PTC Foundation using a credit or debit card through Stripe.
- Personal check made payable to the PTC Foundation
Bring your personal check, made out the PTC Foundation, to room 210A or mail your gift to:
Piedmont Technical College Foundation
P.O. Box 1467
Greenwood, SC 29648-1467
Hand-deliver your cash contribution to room 210A on Piedmont Tech's Lex Walters Campus-Greenwood.
Receive a Gift From Us
- Any individual who contributes a one-time gift or payroll deduction will receive a PTC Foundation first-aid kit.
- Individuals contributing a minimum of $15 a month (payroll deduction) or a gift of $180 or more will receive the first aid kit and a PTC Foundation portable charger.