Business Information Technology Public Service and Commercial Art
The Entrepreneurship certificate is designed to give students the basic business concepts necessary to start and operate their own small business.
It is useful for Industrial Technology students, for example, who have gained technical skill, but may be lacking the business understanding to make their new venture successful. Current entrepreneurs may also benefit from this class as they will gain practical knowledge useful in growing and managing their existing business. The certificate introduces students to various core business aspects found in all businesses.
|REQUIRED COURSE INFORMATION|
|ACC 101||Accounting Principles I||3.0|
|BUS 121||Business Law||3.0|
|MGT 120||Small Business Management||3.0|
|MKT 135||Customer Service Techniques|
|ELECTIVE COURSE INFORMATION||Credit Hours|
|CPT 101||Introduction to Computers||3.0|
|Total Credit Hours||24.0|
The purpose of the Entrepreneurship Certificate is to provide students with basic business concepts necessary to start and operate their own small business.
Program Student Learning Outcomes:
1. Demonstrate an understanding of the basic laws of contracts in the legal framework of business operations.
2. Apply basic marketing techniques to develop simple promotion, pricing, and distribution plans, and to identify markets.
3. Demonstrate knowledge of accounting principles and techniques essential for managing the operations of a small business.
Gainful Employment Information
- This program can be started any semester.
- Most classes required for this program are offered during days, evenings, and online.
Notes about individual classes
- No English or math classes are required for this program. However, students should have test scores indicating readiness for ENG 101 and MAT 120. Advise for developmental or transitional courses if needed.
- Prerequisite for all BAF, BUS, MGT, MKT, & ACC courses is RDG 100 or appropriate placement test scores.
- RDG 100 is a prerequisite for CPT 101.
- CPT 101 and advanced courses (AOT 165, CPT 172, CPT 274 and IST 281) use Office 2016. All CPT 101 students will purchase a textbook that is packaged with an access code for MyLabsPlus, an online course management system. All AOT and Business students taking CPT 172, CPT 274, AOT 165 and/or IST 281 will purchase a textbook for each class. All textbooks are packaged with an access code. Each access code is valid for 6 months from the date it is first used
Semester-by-semester graduation plan
- Entrepreneurship Certificate (ETR6) - Fall Start
Entrepreneurship Certificate (ETR6) - Spring Start
Entrepreneurship Certificate (ETR6) - Summer Start
- You may contact Steve Fennell, Kara McAlister, Richard Mandau, and Suzy Murray.
- Please email email@example.com if this advising guide needs corrections or updates.
Advisement information updated/reviewed 9/18/2017.