Student Disability Services

Brenda Dailey
Voice 864-941-8378
Fax 864-941-8768

At Piedmont Technical College, we believe that you should have an education that's driven by your goals. Student Disability Services (SDS) provides students with disabilities an equal opportunity to participate in and benefit from programs and services offered at PTC.  We strive to provide appropriate services and accommodations to students with documented disabilities in compliance with Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendment Act (ADAAA).

Services are available to students who have disabilities including, but not limited to, visual impairments, hearing impairments, learning disabilities, physical disabilities, medical conditions, autism, attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder, and psychological disabilities. Services are available for all students attending PTC, including Dual Enrollment, Continuing Education and Technical Education students.

How to Request Accommodations

  • ​Step 1:  Student self-identifies to SDS and completes the Intake Form.
  • Step 2:  Student provides appropriate documentation. See below for guidelines.
  • Step 3:  Student and counselor meet to determine what accommodations are appropriate.
  • Step 4:  Accommodation letters are prepared by counselor and picked up by student.
  • Step 5:  Student delivers the accommodation letter to faculty and discusses implementation of accommodations. Accommodations do not go into effect until the instructor receives the letter.
  • Step 6:  Student notifies SDS counselor of any issues or changes needed in accommodations.

Note:  Steps 4 and 5 must be repeated every semester. Accommodations will not be applied retroactively; therefore, it is important that students provide their accommodation letter at the beginning of every semester.

What documentation is required? Standard Documentation Form

Students are responsible for supplying the appropriate documentation to Student Disability Services. A letter or medical record from a qualified professional stating the student's disability, functional limitations of the disability and types of accommodations suggested is needed. Students coming from high school can submit their 504 Plan or IEP along with the Psycho-Educational Evaluation. Also, documentation can come from Vocational Rehabilitation, Veterans Administration or other colleges where you have received services. Any questions about documentation should be discussed with the Counselor for SDS.

Classroom and Testing Accommodations

Once documentation is received, the student and counselor meet to discuss reasonable accommodations needed in the classroom or testing environment. These accommodations provide equal educational opportunities to students by minimizing the impact of functional limitations in the academic setting. The accommodation process is collaborative to understand the student's disability and how the disability may impact the student's educational experience in order to determine reasonable accommodations. Please note that some accommodations may take up to two (2) weeks before being available to students.  


Consultation and in-service training concerning reasonable accommodations, rights of people with disabilities, sensitivity and awareness, and federal and state laws such as the Americans with Disabilities Act and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 are provided if needed.

The college makes every effort to ensure access to educational opportunities in its program. If any of this information is not accessible to you based on your disability, please contact Brenda Dailey at 864-941-8378 or

Downloadable Forms