Military & Veterans

At Piedmont Technical College, we recognize the sacrifice of those who have served in the United States Armed Forces, and we are honored to assist you in using your benefits to advance your educational and career goals.

PTC is approved for many veterans’ educational benefits and is fully staffed to assist veterans in processing their benefits.

On this page:

Which PTC programs are eligible?

All PTC credit programs are eligible for VA Benefits. With more than 80 programs in fields that are in demand, Piedmont Technical College has the education and training that’s right for you.

What benefits am I eligible for?

Calculate Benefits
Use the GI Bill Comparison Tool to calculate your benefits based on your status and length of service. Visit our VA Benefits page for additional details and programs.

Tuition Assistance
Military tuition assistance is dependent primarily upon your command. Many commands will approve tuition assistance for promotion points, career advancement, and morale purposes. Check with your Education Service Officer (ESO) to find out more, or visit GoArmyEd to request Tuition Assistance online.


Thank you for your service!  YOU have served for US! Now, let US Serve and Support YOU! The Student Support Services Veterans (SSSV) Program at Piedmont Technical College is a federal TRiO program funded by the Department of Education to serve 60 Veteran students each academic year.



To provide services that will assist Veteran students successfully transition from “Soldier to Student”. 

2016-2017 From Soldier to Student Workshops





September 29 Financial Literacy 153B 12:45-1:30 p.m.
November 10 Employment Readiness 153B 12:45-1:30 p.m.
February 9 College Transfer 153B 12:45-1:30 p.m.
April 20 Maximizing VA Benefits 153B 12:45-1:30 p.m.


  • To increase the number of Veteran students who persist from one academic year to the next academic year
  • To increase the number of Veteran students who are in good academic standing
  • To increase the number of Veteran students who graduate and/or transfer to a four year institution 

For more information, contact the New Student Advising and Veterans Center at (864) 941-8764.