019767 Law Enforcement Officer I
Date Posted: November 4, 2020
Deadline: April 20, 2018
Organization: Greenville Technical College
Location: Greenville Area
City: Greenville, SC
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Wages/Salary: $26,988 - $38,460
HS diploma + 2 yrs work experience in law enforcement.
- Certification by the Law Enforcement Training Council in accordance with 23-23-40 of the Code of Laws of South Carolina 1976 with 4+ years experience.
- Knowledge of proper law enforcement officer behavior and role.
- Knowledge of modern law enforcement techniques and procedures.
- Knowledge of how to collect and preserve evidence.
- Knowledge of the legal rights of both suspects and law enforcement personnel.
- Knowledge of the laws one is responsible for enforcing.
- Knowledge of the functions and interrelationships of other law enforcement agencies.
- Skill in the operation of law enforcement vehicles, weapons and communications equipment.
- Ability to correctly evaluation situations and make good decision.
- Ability to deal firmly, yet tactfully, with the general public.
In this challenging role, you will support the Police Department at Greenville Technical College. Duties may include any or all of the following:
- Patrols assigned area to prevent crime and detect violations of law.
- Performs general police work such as maintaining order during emergencies, participating in manhunts, and providing executive protection.
- Responds to complaints, reports of violations and requests for assistance, issues warnings and citations to violators, apprehends and arrests violators.
- Directs traffic and controls crowds. Conducts and assists in conducting investigations.
- Testifies in court and other legal proceedings. Keeps records and makes reports regarding activities.
- Provides guidance and on-the-job training to other law enforcement personnel.
- Performs other related duties, as assigned.
For Staff Positions - If you are applying for a position that requires a degree and/or certificate, an official transcript will be required when you begin employment.
***International transcripts must be evaluated through World Education Services***
If you are applying for a position that requires current Licensures/Certificates- a copy must be submitted along with your on-line application. Official current licensures/certificates will be required when you begin employment.
Please feel free to submit any electronic documents with your on-line application as an attachment.
Interested applicants must visit https://hr.gvltec.edu/JobPostings.aspx to complete and submit an online application. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of completed online applications.