Date Posted: November 4, 2020
Deadline: October 23, 2020
Organization: Department of Parks, Recreation &amp; Tourism
City: Calhoun Falls
Website: View Website
- Minimum and Additional Requirements
High School graduate or higher and two (2) years of related experience.
- Ability to physically perform assigned duties. Ability to operate a variety of office machines and equipment. Minimum typing speed 30 wpm and a working knowledge of current word processing, spreadsheets and data entry software. Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays.
- Ability to deal tactfully and cordially with the public and to communicate effectively.
- Valid South Carolina drivers license required.
- Job Responsibilities
Performs administrative activities and support functions for a large state park. Provides both routine and specialized administrative support.
- Assists with the management of the park's visitors center / office to include scheduling and training of office staff and handling reservations for campsites, shelters, etc. in accordance with agency guidelines. Maintains related files.
- Participates in the preparation of the park's fiscal records to include daily and weekly operational reports and daily bank deposits. Processes purchase orders and is responsible for the tracking of specific budgets. Maintains related files.
- Receives and disseminates incoming correspondence and screens that which needs to be handled personally by supervisor; forwards remainder to appropriate staff members. Prepares all outgoing correspondence for mailing.
- Maintains personnel records to include new hire packages and terminations. Completes any payrolls through the time management system of SCEIS. Maintains related files.
- Directs requisitioning, storage and distribution of forms and supplies.
- Performs continuous public relations activities with emphasis on quality customer service.
- Helps maintain a clean and safe office environment.
- Practice and promote teamwork within the park service, throughout the agency and with external agency stakeholders. Represents office as an active member on agency teams assigned throughout the year.
Actual Job Location: Calhoun Falls State Park.
Full-time, 40 hours per week rotating schedule including weekends and holidays.
Please complete the State application to include all current and previous work history and education. A resume will not be accepted nor reviewed to determine if an applicant has met the qualifications for the position. A State application MUST be submitted electronically.
1205 Pendleton Street
Columbia, SC 29201
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.