ANGLER RELATIONS SPECIALIST
Date Posted: May 18, 2022
Deadline: June 18, 2022
Organization: Rather Outdoors
Location: Columbia Area
Website: View Website
- Ability to work independently, demonstrate resourcefulness, and accountability.
- Outstanding attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-changing environment.
- Must possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must possess interpersonal and facilitation skills.
- Strong Microsoft Office and Windows based computer applications skills.
- Fishing or Outdoor Industry experience preferred, Passion for angling and loves to speak with other anglers!
This is largely a sedentary role; however, when attending trade shows and other events, standing for up to 8 hours a day may be requires, along with moderate lifting, bending, pushing and/or pulling.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the position. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with, or without notice.
If you’d rather be fishing, we want you on our team! Do you often get asked questions like, what gear ratio is best for deep crankbaits and what rod action should I use for jigging? If so, this is the perfect opportunity to join our family at Rather Outdoors.
Rather Outdoors is a family of industry-leading brands with a common purpose, protecting and nurturing the legendary outdoor brands we grew up with. We are focused on fishing and spending life outdoors while providing outdoor enthusiasts with the right gear for every step of their journey. We’re proud to work with co-workers who share our passions and values, and work as a family to make our mission a success.
We are looking for a passionate angler to help steward our brands and build lasting relationships with our consumers. This role will be responsible for supporting anglers and delivering a world class experience in the angling industry. Whether you are helping someone via phone or email, we want you to share a passion for angling and the ability to problem solve.
- Fundamental knowledge of fishing products, such as the implications of having different brake systems on a reel.
- Make product recommendations, such as the most effective lure colors to use in the fall.
- Deliver friendly, professional, and helpful support to all anglers, while meeting their needs and exceeding expectations.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Problem solve and utilize available resources to locate answers to product/order questions.
- Able to demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of current company policies, procedures, products, and services.
- Flexibility during busy times by helping fellow co-workers and function as part of a team.
- Ability to multi-task and remain composed under pressure.
- Continually learn and develop skills relevant to the role.
209 Stoneridge Dr.
Columbia , SC 29210
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.