Date Posted: March 25, 2021
Deadline: January 29, 2021
Organization: Costa Farms
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
- Critical Knowledge Experience in horticulture or related field.
- Computer Skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to accurately gather and record data
- Ability/Tolerance to work outdoors in a greenhouse environment or in the field in South Carolina year-round.
- Computer friendly and quick to learn and adapt to software.
- Team player and willing to work together to achieve common goals.
- Ability to learn to operate environmental control systems and an understanding of greenhouse environmental management.
- Familiarity with proper moisture management techniques.
- Familiarity with proper nutrient management and testing procedures.
- Ability to acquire a pesticide applicators license/permit within ninety days of hire.
- Read, Write and Speak English.
- Lift fifty pounds.
- Walk, Bend, and Kneel unassisted
Loyal: Shows firm and constant support to a cause
Leader: Inspires teammates to follow them
Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
- Maintain appropriate irrigation frequencies for all trial plant material.
- Measure and record insect populations weekly.
- Plant, space, prune and maintain trial crops as necessary.
- Apply pesticides to all crops of responsibility.
- Apply all plant growth regulators to all crops of responsibility.
- Enter experimental data into computer system as necessary
- Participate in R&D Department meetings as required.
73 State Hwy S-19-29
Trenton, SC 29847
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.