Building Maintenance Assistant (HVAC Helper)
Date Posted: November 4, 2020
Deadline: December 31, 2018
Organization: Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL)
City: Spartanburg, SC
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- High school diploma or equivalent
Skills and knowledge
- Knowledge and ability to comply to GMP standards and safety procedures
- The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
Physical work requirements and work conditions
- The ability to use your abdominal and lower back muscles to support part of the body repeatedly or continuously for extended periods of time.
- The ability to bend, stretch, twist, or reach with your body, arms, and/or legs.
- The ability to quickly move your hand, your hand together with your arm, or your two hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble objects.
- The ability to exert maximum muscle force to lift, push, pull, or carry objects that may be 25+ pounds.
- The ability to see and hear details in order to identify and diagnose problems.
Area of Responsibility
- Responsibility for cleaning and sanitation of GMP regulated area
- Perform light building maintenance for the facilities as needed
- Monitor building security and safety by performing such tasks as locking doors after operating hours and checking electrical appliance use to ensure that hazards are not created.
- Service, clean, and supply restrooms.
- Gather and empty trash
- Clean building floors by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, or vacuuming them.
- Strip, seal, finish, and polish floors.
- Clean windows, glass partitions, and mirrors, using soapy water or other cleaners, sponges, and squeegees.
- Follow procedures for the use of chemical cleaners and power equipment to prevent damage to floors and fixtures.
- Mix water and detergents or acids in containers to prepare cleaning solutions, according to specifications
- Notify managers concerning the need for major repairs or additions to building operating systems.
- Requisition supplies and equipment needed for cleaning and maintenance duties.
- Any and all other duties and tasks assigned