Building/Grounds Manager (21-46)
Date Posted: April 26, 2021
Deadline: July 26, 2021
Organization: Francis Marion University
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Wages/Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
Francis Marion University invites applications for a Building/Grounds manager who, under limited supervision, plans and directs all functions related to campus landscaping, grounds maintenance operations and special projects as assigned. Assists with development of Department procedures and training, as required. Exercises administrative control of personnel.
Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Plans, coordinates and directs campus-landscaping projects.
- Coordinates work assignments and procedures with Grounds team to meet departmental goals and objectives.
- Monitors work assignments, routines, internal operating policies/procedures, schedules and performance; inspecting campus grounds to ensure compliance with accepted standards; coordinating with other Facilities teams to obtain special project materials.
- Coordinates with campus organizations and Facilities support areas as needed for campus-wide events.
- Generates historical reports to establish labor and material estimates for routine, annual and special events.
- Oversees execution of landscaping projects by department personnel and contractors.
- Plans and supervises ongoing estate maintenance in the execution of remedial work to include but not necessarily limited to pruning, plant replacement, fertilizing, weed control, disease control, lawn maintenance, irrigation, policing of trash, and maintaining parking lots, streets, and walks
- Directs appropriate changes in task and frequencies to ensure best use of available resources and observation of proper priorities in maintaining all areas of the campus
- Routinely inspects campus and determines grounds work needed.
- Directs maintenance of all grounds equipment.
- Maintains Grounds Maintenance operating budget.
- Has in-depth knowledge of the appropriate and safe use and application of herbicides, fungicides, and pesticides to lawns, groundcover, shrubs, and trees.
- Any tasks considered necessary by supervisors to in order to support the needs of the University.
State Requirement: A high school diploma and grounds-keeping experience.
FMU Preferences & Requirements: Related degree (two or four year) is preferred, but managerial and horticultural experience is required. The successful applicant should have considerable knowledge of landscape principles and practices, soils and methods of erosion control and care and use of varieties of plants. Successful applicant should understand principles of operation and maintenance and be able to deal effectively with service managers and mechanics on all levels of repair of equipment and hold a valid SC Pesticide Applicator's License. Experience designing, constructing and maintaining water features a plus.
*Valid SC Driver's License Required.
State Classification: Building/Grounds Manager (KA30)
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
Normal Working Hours: 7:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m., 30-minute lunch, Monday - Friday. Summer hours will vary.
- Letter of Interest (Referencing Position Number 21-46);
- Copies of any applicable certificates/licenses or transcripts;
- The names, addresses, and telephone numbers of three references; and
- FM Staff Application.
To obtain the FM Staff Application, please click here
Send Application Packet to: Dr. Charlene Wages, Vice President for Administration and Planning, Francis Marion University, PO Box 100547, Florence, SC 29502-0547 or FAX to (843) 661-1202.
Screening of applicants will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Minorities and Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
An Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Institution
PO Box 100547
Florence, SC 29502
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.