BUILDING/GROUNDS SPECIALIST III (2 locations)
Date Posted: March 25, 2021
Deadline: November 25, 2020
Organization: Greenville Technical College
Location: Greenville Area
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Wages/Salary: SC Band 03 - $22,625 - $32,245
High School diploma plus three (3) years related work experience to include one (1) year in a supervisory capacity.
A working knowledge of horticultural care programs, landscape and construction equipment, commercial irrigation systems, and the ability to obtain a valid SCCDL and/or a SC Commercial Applicator's license.
In this challenging role, you will be supporting the GRD - Grounds department at Greenville Technical College. Duties may include any or all of the following.
- Provide professional services regarding all facets of a commercial horticultural care program and provide supervision in the creation of a safe and aesthetically pleasing campus.
- Operate all lawn care and landscaping equipment in an experience and professional manner. Maintain equipment as indicated by manufacturer, and perform routine maintenance as needed.
- Perform installations and repairs regarding campus irrigation systems. Monitor and maintain irrigation control systems for optimal conservation of water.
- Coordinate application of fertilizers, insecticides, fungicides, and herbicides in the control of applicable maladies, pests, and weeds.
- Monitor campus site for debris, litter, trash, and dispose of properly.
- Provide labor and supervision for projects and renovations and assist other departments as needed.
506 S Pleasantburg Dr
Greenville, SC 29607
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.