Caseworker, Level 3 - McCormick Correctional Institution
Date Posted: March 25, 2021
Deadline: March 23, 2021
Organization: McCormick Correctional Institution
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
State of South Carolina Minimum Requirements:
A high school diploma and relevant program experience. A Bachelor's degree may be substituted for the required program experience.
(Or an acceptable equivalency as approved by the Division of State Human Resources).
SCDC Minimum Requirements:
Any four (4) year combination of education, correctional and/or program experience.
Under the general supervision of the classification Case Manager,
- Evaluate inmates' automated and manual records to determine eligibility for institutional assignment, custody changes, jobs, and treatment programs.
- Serves as chairperson of the institutional classification committee.
- Coordinates and implements an equitable classification system for a caseload of approximately 250 inmates.
- Conducts periodic reviews inmates' progress.
- Interviews inmates relating to their general institutional adjustment or related problems.
- Responds to inquiries of information from departmental officials and other agencies.
- Operates the SCDC computer system to enter/retrieve information pertaining to inmates social, criminal, educational and family history.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Must successfully complete three (3) weeks of SCDC Basic Training upon hire.
386 Redemption Way
McCormick, SC 29899
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.