Coordinator of Public Relations and Marketing
Date Posted: November 4, 2020
Deadline: November 2, 2017
Organization: John de la Howe School
Job Type: Full Time
Wages/Salary: $39,960 - $50,000
A Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, Marketing, or a related field. Knowledge of, and use of computers. Knowledge of and use of print and IT communications. Knowledge and use of budgetary principles and applications. Knowledge of, and use of marketing agencies/organizations. Knowledge of web development and maintenance. Knowledge of marketing research. Knowledge of grant writing and grant resources. Ability to conduct complex analysis and interpretations, and to prepare comprehensive reports.
Under general supervision, provide leadership and management of the Public Relations and Marketing Office, serve as Executive Director of the John de la Howe School Foundation, Inc. and spearhead the School's marketing/branding initiatives. Coordinates public relations, grant opportunities, alumni and foundation relations, and public information and marketing initiatives and activities. Enhances the visibility and image of the School by promoting the School's programs, events, and student achievements throughout the Sate of South Carolina. Other duties include:
- To support the mission of the John de la Howe School.
- Completion of the Agency Accountability Report.
- Coordinates and manages the Agency's Web Site, and uses other mediums for marketing the school, i.e. Facebook.
- Leads the Agency's communication strategy, which includes staff, students, parents, school districts, homeless shelters for children, the Department of Social Services, Strategic Planning, etc. Experience in presenting ideas in a public forum (public speaking skills).
- Coordinates special events on campus, to include: tours, legislative and Board functions, festival and holiday events, capital campaigns, fund raising events, estate giving, and Foundation giving.
- Serves as the liaison for the Chamber of Commerce, Fall and Spring Festivals, Farm/City Days, Gold Rush, Lions Club, McCormick County Historical Society, etc.
- Through the Alumni and Foundation, coordinates the Biennial Reunion, Children's Fishing Tournament, Children's Golf Tournament, the McCann Scholarship, etc.
- Coordinates a marketing program which includes the use of digital media, the production of short videos, the dissemination of photos, bill boards, pamphlets, monthly newsletters, and news stories throughout South Carolina.
- To contract with other media vendors in marketing the School and its activities.
- To communicate with members of the General Assembly and other publics regarding the progress being made at the School.
- To represent the School/Agency in Columbia and locally to present the John de la Howe Story.
- To serve as the official spokesperson in the absence of the Agency Head.
- To perform other duties as assigned.