Customer Service Representative
Date Posted: November 4, 2020
Deadline: December 7, 2017
Location: Greenville Area
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Wages/Salary: $30,000 - $34,000
Knowledge and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- High School diploma or equivalent degree or equivalent work experienced required
- Proficient with Microsoft Office preferred.
- Excellent phone etiquette and courteous, professional verbal & written communication and customer relationship/service.
- The ability to perform math functions including working with fractions, manipulating and recording figures to provide accurate quantities, estimating and quotations.
- The ability to multi-task and prioritize work effectively.
- Entry level to five years of customer relations experience preferred with 1+ years industry specific customer relations experience strongly preferred
- Basic understanding of manufacturing processes preferred.
Key competencies required include:
- Customer Focus
- Action Oriented
- Integrity and Trust
Key Accountabilities include but are not limited to:
- Providing excellent customer service through timely and accurate customer communications. Communicates with customers from initial estimate and quote stage through placement of orders to delivery.
- Accurately entering customer orders into order entry system.
- Accurately entering and maintaining the customer order fulfillment system utilizing Microsoft Word, Excel, and other computer processing and spreadsheet applications for more complex accounts.
- Responding & resolving customer inquiries and requests, trouble-shoot problems, recommend remedial actions and settle accounts payable issues.
- Coordinating warehouse inventory, reorder and ship quantities based on established parameters.
- Working with production staff and utilize internal systems to achieve on time customer deliveries.
- Monitoring the order process to ensure that customer deliveries are made according to commitments and within forecast allocation.
- Working with sales staff to ensure accurate and timely customer communications.
- Preparing clear, concise reports, documentation, and routine customer correspondence both internally and externally under the guidance of supervision and seasoned team members.
- Handles multiple accounts of small to medium customers with high complexity.
The customer service representative is to act as a liaison, providing services, information, and to resolve any emerging problems that our customers might face with accuracy and efficiency. The target is to ensure excellent service standards and maintain high customer satisfaction.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions):
- Take customer orders either directly from customers or sales representatives.
- Place orders on a timely basis for purchases of materials and supplies to be used in production.
- Process billing.
- Facilitate customer complaints and questions and follow-up with appropriate internal personnel for resolution.
- Coordinate all Shipping and Receiving paperwork, labels, scheduling, and cost quoting.
- Maintain customer files.
- Process new items.
- Process purchase orders.
- Coordinate accounting credits.
- Record and distribute customer order changes.
- Fax and or Email confirmations to customers.
- Assist sales personnel as appropriate and assist in generating supplemental sales.
- Track warehouse items to insure availability and that agreed upon minimum/maximum levels are followed. Analyze monthly usages and re-stocking per customer.
- Complies with company policies and procedures.
- Additional duties as assigned by management.
The CSR position reports to the Plant Manager; however the position also receives daily operations orders from Sales and Accounting.
Qualifications & Skills:
High school diploma or GED
Candidates are PREFERRED who offer the following:
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment
- Computer data-entry experience
Excellent communication skills. Ability to read and interpret documents such as sales reports, operating instructions, and training and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide in all units of measure. Ability to compute rates, ratios, and percentages and calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, costs, proportions, and volumes.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram (graphic) form. Ability to solve a variety of problems and deal with a variety of situations where only limited information or standardization exists.
- Application knowledge and skill for computer data entry
- Application knowledge of products and production processes
Employee is regularly required to walk and talk and hear, stand, and sit. Vision requirements include: close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is sometimes exposed to hot and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, and/or airborne particles.
The performance of the Customer Service Representative will be measured as follows:
- Operating standards - The employee will need to meet or exceed the Operating Standards set in the area of sales and customer service. Such standards will be set annually and communicated to the representative.
- Personal growth - Each year there will be professional goals developed and agreed to by the representative and supervisor.
- Employee relations – The employee will be evaluated regarding behaviors associated with appropriate human interaction, respect and communication.
- Creativity - This will be evaluated by how active the employee is in participating in advancing the business through new and innovative ideas.