Customer Service Supervisor
Date Posted: November 4, 2020
Deadline: March 6, 2019
Organization: City of Newberry
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Wages/Salary: $29503 - $36874 pay to commensurate with education and experience.
- Associate degree in accounting, business or related field with four (4) to five (5) years of experience in A/P, A/R, or utilities billing; minimum one (1) to (2) years of supervisory experience a plus; bi-lingual skills a plus; any or equivalent combination that provides knowledge, ability and skills will be considered.
- SC driver’s license
General Job Summary:
If you are highly accountable, energetic, analytical person that thrives on details and organization with demonstrated customer service talent, this supervisory role may be a fit for you. We are looking for a customer-oriented, self-starter who possesses the necessary expertise and a solid work history. This position performs and supervises sensitive and detailed financial administrative work while overseeing a variety of cash collection and disbursement functions in A/R, A/P and utilities billing.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinates accounts receivable functions by processing delinquent accounts, preparing and acting on service termination lists, collecting various unpaid bills and balancing and deposits daily; handles customer inquiries and complaints; processes/prepares work orders;
- Supervises department employees, assigning and reviewing work, acting on employee problems, recommending promotions, discipline, termination and salary increases.
- Oversees accounts payable duties which involves reconciling monthly vendor statements, preparing vouchers for orders received from all City departments, assigning vendor numbers, writing manual checks, and making record of all transactions.
- Coordinates set-off debt, scheduling draft transmissions, balancing petty cash, and serves as back-up for various functions as needed.
The City of Newberry is an Equal Opportunity Employer.