Date Posted: May 5, 2021
Deadline: May 31, 2021
Organization: ACS Manufacturing
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Other Minimum Requirements/Experience:
- Must have at least 1 year of experience on commercial or industrial electrical projects
- Must have own tools.
- Must pass a drug screen and background check for employment.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Electrical Apprentice license preferred, but not required.
Job Summary: The Electrical Apprentice helps install electrical components within equipment enclosures. Works under the supervision of Electricians.
Job Responsibilities/Duties: The Electrical Apprentice
- Responsible assisting with assembly, installation, wiring and testing of electrical equipment.
- Knowledge of basic electrical materials (C-boxes, conduit, fittings, wire size, and fasteners)
- Helps connects wiring and equipment as per code and job specifications.
- Conduit bending, pulling wire, and hanging.
- Assist with installing light fixtures and switches.
- Good working knowledge of hand tools
- Ability to communicate effectively and demonstrates good listening skills.
- General cleaning in the area
- Obey the safety standards of ACS and follow local, state, and federal regulations.
- Responsible for any other tasks that may arise, at any time.
Work Environmental & Physical Demand:
- May stand for long periods of up to 12 hours.
- Must be able to lift to 50 lbs. repetitively, as well as frequent twisting and bending, to meet fast paced work demands.
- Work in various adverse conditions such as tight or enclosed spaces, heights (ladders, skyjacks and top of enclosures) and extreme temperatures. May work inside or outside to complete work assignments. Position requires exposure to dust and dirt.
- Follow safety standards in working with multiple services, tools, and equipment.
Electrical Apprentice I Minimum Requirements/Experience:
- Basic safety knowledge.
- Basic math skills/ability to read a tape measure.
- Electrical hand tool knowledge/use.
- Basic Knowledge of electrical materials (boxes, conduit, fittings, fasteners, wire, and devices).
- Ability to bend conduit (3/4” and 1/2”)
Electrical Apprentice II Minimum Requirements/Experience:
- Electrical theory one knowledge (voltage, amperage, grounding, and wire size)
- Basic applied trade math knowledge
- Ability to read basic electrical blueprint symbols (plug, switch, and lights)
- Knowledge of electrical terms and definitions
- Ability to terminate devices correctly (plugs, switches, lights, and joints)
- Ability to bend conduit (1/2” to 1”)
Electrical Apprentice III Minimum Requirements/Experience:
- Electrical theory two knowledge (voltages, 1/0-1 phase, 3/0-3 phase, and XMFR’s).
- Ability to read blueprints.
- Basic NEC Electrical code knowledge
- Overcurrent protection devices knowledge (breakers, fuses, disconnects, and panels).
- Ability to terminate and phase electrical equipment (panels, breakers, and disconnects).
- Ability to bend conduit (1/2” to 1-1/4”)
Electrical Apprentice IV Minimum Requirements/Experience:
- Electrical theory three knowledge (conductor ampacity, nominal voltages 120/208 & 277/480, XMFR’s, grounding & bonding applications, and voltage calculations).
- Electrical code and electrical installation knowledge
- Able to identify electrical 1-line equipment distribution diagrams.
- Able to read, interpret, and execute blueprint drawings (branch circuit routing of power and lighting circuits).
- Knowledge of lighting systems, basic fire alarm, voice & data.
- Ability to bend conduit (1/2” to 4”).
Management may override electrical apprentice level.
1439 Cambridge Street Extension
Abbeville, SC 29620
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.