Date Posted: March 25, 2021
Deadline: February 19, 2021
Organization: Watson Electrical Construction Company
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Experience: Previous electrical experience is preferred but not required.
Drivers License: Current state driver’s license if required by job conditions.
Other: Applicable federal, state and local license as required by job conditions or company.
Certifications – Applicable federal, state and local certifications as required by job conditions or company.
Education – High School Graduate, G.E.D or equivalent
- Job requires working in all weather conditions regardless of job location or time of year (heat, cold, rain, or snow).
- Must be able to utilize sanitary facilities located on construction sites (Porta-Johns).
- Job requires employee to have and maintain required personal tools at all times (waist tool belt as worn weighs approximately 30 pounds).
- Must be able to work from all types of ladders (step ladders up to 14-feet, “A” frame ladders and extension ladders of all sizes. Must be able to and carry and transport 12-foot step-ladders unassisted.
- Employee’s combined personal weight with personal tools included cannot exceed the rated weight capacity/limit of ladders.
- Perform work at various heights, up to 90-feet from ladders, scaffolds, aerial lifts, cat walks or other safe work areas.
- Work in restricted areas with proper supervision (switchgear rooms, manholes, utility tunnels, crawl spaces and attics).
- Wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required in Watson’s Safety Policy and Procedure Manual.
- Must be able to work 40-hours per week and overtime as required, to include night shifts and working out of town if needed.
- Positively identify colors of wire.
- Comprehend reading.
- Capacity to use required power tools.
- Capable of digging trenches, back filling and raking dirt smooth with hand tools.
- Comprehend and practice safe working procedures as outlined in Watson’s Safety Handbook.
- Operate two handed tools as required.
- Operate company trucks with manual and/or automatic transmissions.
- Read and interpret instructional manuals, work-site directions and written instructions.
- Work from mechanical lifts with Electrical Mechanic and/or other Productive Employees (electrical or gas powered).
- Possess good vision and hearing (either naturally or corrected).
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat, crawl, climb, kneel, balance, push, pull and reach overhead.
- Lift objects weighing up to 100 pounds, with frequent lifting and carrying of objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Constantly move on feet.
- Climb ladders (all types).
- Must be able to complete a full-day’s assignment of overhead work.
- Transit from employee parking areas to construction areas and gain access to all levels of the site/structure, even if the only means of access is via O.S.H.A-approved construction ladders, or stairs that are still under construction.
- Responsible for securing tools and materials from storage areas to complete assigned tasks.
- Repetitive use of arms, legs, hands and fingers.
General Summary: Electrical Helpers report to an Electrical Mechanic or person designated by the Mechanic and perform numerous critical tasks and functions necessary to achieve their division’s goals and objectives. Work consists of installation, alterations, additions and/or repairs of electrical systems, conductors and associated materials and equipment within the commercial, industrial and residential electrical construction industry. Their responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Maintaining personal tool pouch and tools.
- Handling construction and electrical materials.
- Keeping work areas clean.
- Assisting Electrical Mechanics and/or Productive Workers with electrical installations.
- Understanding and obeying safety requirements.
- Restocking supplies and materials as necessary.
- Following specific instructions and directions.
- Working within standards of accuracy.
- Completing repetitive, short-duration tasks according to set procedures.
- Evaluating information using measurable standards.
1865 E Main St B
Duncan, SC 29334
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.