Date Posted: November 4, 2020
Deadline: October 1, 2017
Organization: Ardagh Group
City: Bishopville, SC
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS EXPERIENCE:
- Mechanically inclined familiar with hand tools.
- Must have heavy industrial manufacturing experience in a high speed operation working with hydraulic pneumatic driven equipment.
- Must be able to independently program troubleshoot repair PLC s and VFD s and create new programs.
- Must be able to demonstrate proficiency with specific PLC systems including but not limited to Siemens, AllenBradley, Rockwell, etc.
- Must have 3+ years manufacturing industry electrical and electronics experience as well as an Associates Degree in either Electrical Engineering or Electronic Technology.
KEY JOB COMPETENCIES / PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Able to stand for a long duration of time.
- Able to bend over and rotate body repeatedly.
- Able to lift up to 100 pounds.
- Exposure to heat, cold, vibrations, odors, fumes and loud noise.
- Must be able to climb stairs and ladders.
- Able to operate tools with fine handwrist movements.
The Electronic Technician is responsible for modifying rebuilding repairing or overhauling all types of electronic electrical equipment and controls. Installation and maintenance of mechanical equipment including heating and air conditioning equipment. Modify maintain and install PLC programs. Analyze and correct electrical electronic problems.
- Understands and complies with position related safety SOPs and work instructions especially for Electrical Safety LockoutTagout Machine Guarding Housekeeping SQF and Personal Protective Equipment.
- Modify maintain and install PLC programs.
- Develop new programs as directed.
- Identify PLC problems troubleshoot and maintain updated documentation and wiring changes.
- Assist and or participate in the installation and or change of the layout of machines and mechanical equipment in a plant layout and assemble as necessary conforming to building codes and similar specifications
- Use measuring devices in constructing machine foundations and installing machines and equipment in correct position.
- Receive wiring diagrams drawings specifications and instructions covering scheduled and emergency repair installation and inspection work to be done.
- Plan and perform work requiring a thorough knowledge of electrical and electronic theory and principles wiring specifications codes properties of various materials and principles of operation and application of electronic equipment.
- Analyze types of circuits wiring diagrams networks and drawings as required to install repair adjust calibrate construct modify replace or service types of electronic devices and systems including communication systems electronic gauges controls and regulator power and distribution control equipment measuring recording processing and indicating devices.
- Perform industrial truck repair and maintenance work on industrial and small motorized equipment with gas diesel propane and electrical motors.
- Install repair and maintain refrigeration and air condition systems and equipment
- Service electronic equipment by checking testing and replacing faulty components circuit modules printed circuit boards and similar electronic devices.
- Maintain install or repair communication cables power distribution cables and wiring splicing as required.
- Perform any and all types of plant wide electrical maintenance including installation of electrical conduit.
- Determine need analyze and make necessary running adjustments repairs overhauls and replacement of parts to electrical equipment.
- Maintain performance inventory and maintenance records for electrical and electronic equipment.
- Advise operators mechanics and other electrical maintenance personnel of standard operating procedures and requirements for electronic and electrical equipment and controls.
- Notify supervisor of potentially dangerous electrical equipment noted and corrective action taken.
- Operate equipment and assist production as directed.