Engineer/Associate Engineer III (76572)
Date Posted: November 4, 2020
Deadline: May 11, 2018
Organization: STATE OF SOUTH CAROLINA Department of Transportation-District 2
City: McCormick County, South Carolina
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Wages/Salary: STATE SALARY RANGE: $48,622.00 - $89,956.00 Annually: AGENCY HIRING RANGE - MIN: $66,278.00 AGENCY HIRING RANGE - MAX: $89,956.00
- A bachelor's degree in engineering or engineering technology and four (4) years of engineering work experience, which must include journey-level engineering work experience; or an approved acceptable equivalence in accordance with State Human Resources Regulations.
- A master's degree in engineering and two (2) years of entry-level engineering work experience may be substituted for the required experience.
- A valid Motor Vehicle Operator's License is required.
Engineer/Associate Engineer III (76572) Supplemental Questionnaire::
* 1. What is your highest level of education completed?
- 10th grade completed
- 11th grade completed
- High School or GED completed
- Associate's Degree
- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
* 2. What class driver's license do you possess?
- Class A
- Class B
- Class C
- Class D
- Class E
- Class F
* 3. List certifications, experience,and/or education that apply to the job duties listed.
* 4. What area of engineering is your degree in?
(* Required Question)
- Supervises all maintenance crews work assignments to ensure that all activities are performed in accordance to Department policies and standards.
- Plans, coordinates and schedules all necessary maintenance activities for roadways, bridges, and rights-of-way in McCormick County.
- Performs various office related duties such as preparing maintenance reports, correspondence, and handling personnel matters.
- Interviews new hires and reviews encroachment permits.
- Investigates maintenance requests and complaints received from the general public and public officials and ensures that corrective action is taken.
- Performs inspections of roadways, bridges and rights-of-way to ensure that they are maintained in a safe condition for the traveling public.
- Maintains county herbicide inventory and manages county herbicide program.
- Reviews and approves purchase orders, requisitions, and weekly and monthly reports.
- Prepares yearly line item budget for maintenance and shop operation for county unit and ensures that the unit stays within budget limits.
- Coordinates and manages county equipment and crews during inclement weather operations.
- Coordinates with Local
- County Transportation Committees on C-Fund projects. Conducts various meetings such as safety, training, and personnel. Performs other related duties.
Apply online and fully complete all sections of the application. A resume may be provided, but will not substitute for completing any section of the application. Accurately respond to all Supplemental Questions since they are part of your official application and are used to initially screen applicants. Candidates must present documentation of their attainment of college degree(s) at the time of interview. Documentation must be either an official or unofficial copy of the college transcript or Letter of Verification of Degree from the Institution's Registrar's Office. If the candidate selected for the position provided an unofficial copy, it must be replaced with an official copy no later than thirty (30) calendar days after the effective date of employment. Failure to provide documentation within the required time-frame will result in termination of employment.
If you have any questions, please contact WANDA DAY, SC DEPT. OF TRANSPORTATION, 510 W. ALEXANDER AVENUE, GREENWOOD, SC 29646. Phone: (864) 227-6971.
A RESUME MAY BE INCLUDED BUT NOT SUBSTITUTED FOR COMPLETING THE ENTIRE APPLICATION. RESUMES ARE NOT REVIEWED TO DETERMINE IF AN APPLICANT MEETS REQUIREMENTS OF POSITION. SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONS ARE CONSIDERED PART OF THE APPLICATION AND MUST BE COMPLETED. APPLICATIONS MAY BE OBTAINED AND FILED ONLINE AT:
http://www.jobs.sc.gov OR 510 W. Alexander Avenue Greenwood, SC 29646