Fabrication Technician – Waterjet/CNC
Date Posted: November 4, 2020
Deadline: September 22, 2019
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. from an accredited institution
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- Relocation is not offered for this position. Only candidates residing within the immediate Greenwood, SC area (60 miles) will be considered for this position (with exception of internal candidates currently assigned to one of our Greenwood, SC sites) Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Experience with precision measuring devices such as; calipers, OD/ID and depth gauges, and other measuring devices
- Minimum of 6 months of previous fabrication experience or CNC experience.
- Previous experience using overhead cranes and fork lifts to move material.
- Ability to read and interpret sheet steel fabrication and engineering drawings
- Minimum 3 months of manufacturing experience in an industrial manufacturing environment
- South Carolina Manufacturing Certification (SCMC) or equivalent
- Previous experience running bend, punch, cutoff, shear and iron worker machining centers
- Experience with AutoCAD, Mechanical Desktop or 3D modeling
This position requires ability to load fiberglass reinforced polymer laminate and steel into machines to cut, form and/or bend to various configurations, operating machinery including waterjet, press brake, powered industrial vehicles, and other fabrication equipment as needed. Load and off load material into storage locations and machines. Manage scrap levels, working with engineering to maximize machine and material utilization and efficiency.