GIS Mapping Technican
Date Posted: November 4, 2020
Deadline: April 5, 2018
Organization: Greenwood County IT/GIS
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Wages/Salary: $28,431 - $42,647
Requires an Associate's Degree or specialized courses/training equivalent to satisfactory completion of two years of college. Requires six months experience in surveying and mapping OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Creates new tax parcels in ArcMap using deeds and plats.
- Records, retrieves and maintains accurate and up-to-date survey and mapping records on computer.
- Assists Assessor's office in research to assure accuracy in parcel size, shape and ownership and corrects discrepancies and changes in GIS tax parcel lines.
- Updates County website and social media outlets as needed for upcoming events and information and assures documents are edited properly for viewing online. Trains key employees from other departments in the editing process for the website.
- Assists taxpayers, realtors, and surveyors concerning parcel inquiries and complaints and assigns E911 address points as necessary.
- Creates and prints custom maps as needed for other departments and the public.
- Coordinates IT equipment purchases for County departments.
- Maintains server back ups on a periodic basis
- Performs related work as assigned.