Highway Maintenance Worker II (75481) RE-ADVERTISEMENT
Date Posted: November 4, 2020
Deadline: July 3, 2018
Organization: State of South Carolina Department of Transportation-District 2
City: Laurens, SC
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Wages/Salary: STATE SALARY RANGE: $18,229.00 - $33,728.00 Annually AGENCY HIRING RANGE - MIN: $24,960.00 AGENCY HIRING RANGE - MAX: $33,728.00
- A 10th grade education; or an approved acceptable equivalence in accordance with State Human Resources Regulations.
- A valid Class "B" Commercial Driver's License. (NOTE): This position requires a valid Class "B" Commercial Driver's License within six (6) months of placement in the position. However, applicants without a Class "B" Commercial Driver's License will be considered if no qualified applicants with a Class "B" Commercial Driver's License are available.
This is a re-advertisement. Previous applicants are still being considered and do not need to reapply.
- Flags traffic during road repairs to control flow of traffic to protect workers, general public and equipment.
- Repairs potholes and base surface failures of roadway using hand tools such as shovel, pick, rake, and asphalt lute to level asphalt as needed.
- Trains in operation of 5 yard dump truck, and flatbed trucks for hauling materials such as asphalt, limestone, dirt, soil, cement, pipe, construction materials and debris.
- Trains in the operation of heavier equipment such as tandem dump trucks, durapatcher machine, front end loader, and backhoe.
- Trains in the operation of self-propelled steel wheel pneumatic rollers to compact and solidify fill material.
- Trains in the operation of a standard dump truck with snow plow attachment and sand spreader to remove snow and ice from highways and bridges.
- Performs other related job duties as requested or assigned by supervisor.
Apply online and fully complete all sections of the application. A resume may be provided, but will not substitute for completing any section of the application. Accurately respond to all Supplemental Questions since they are part of your official application and are used to initially screen applicants. Candidates must present documentation of their attainment of college degree(s) at the time of interview. Documentation must be either an official or unofficial copy of the college transcript or Letter of Verification of Degree from the Institution's Registrar's Office. If the candidate selected for the position provided an unofficial copy, it must be replaced with an official copy no later than thirty (30) calendar days after the effective date of employment. Failure to provide documentation within the required timeframe will result in termination of employment. If you have any questions, please contact WANDA DAY, SC DEPT. OF TRANSPORTATION, 510 W. ALEXANDER AVENUE, GREENWOOD, SC 29646. Phone: (864) 227-6971.
A RESUME MAY BE INCLUDED BUT NOT SUBSTITUTED FOR COMPLETING THE ENTIRE APPLICATION. RESUMES ARE NOT REVIEWED TO DETERMINE IF AN APPLICANT MEETS REQUIREMENTS OF POSITION. SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONS ARE CONSIDERED PART OF THE APPLICATION AND MUST BE COMPLETED.