Highway Maintenance Worker II (76441)
Date Posted: November 4, 2020
Deadline: May 7, 2018
Organization: State of South Carolina Department of Transportation
City: Newberry, SC
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Wages/Salary: AGENCY HIRING RANGE - MIN: $24,960.00 AGENCY HIRING RANGE - MAX: $33,728.00
- A 10th grade education; or an approved acceptable equivalence in accordance with State Human Resources Regulations.
- A valid Class "B" Commercial Driver's License. (NOTE): This position requires a valid Class "B" Commercial Driver's License within six (6) months of placement in the position. However, applicants without a Class "B" Commercial Driver's License will be considered if no qualified applicants with a Class "B" Commercial Driver's License are available.
Highway Maintenance Worker II (76441) Supplemental Questionnaire
* 1. What is your highest level of education completed?
- 10th grade completed
- 11th grade completed
- High School or GED completed
- Associate's Degree
- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
* 2. What class driver's license do you possess?
- Class A
- Class B
- Class C
- Class D
- Class E
- Class F
3. If you do not currently work for SCDOT, what road maintenance and heavy equipment experience do you have?
(* Required Question)
Operates equipment and loader in any roadway repair operations including ditching, stabilizing, installing driveways and pipe. Performs duties using manual labor in such maintenance tasks as clearing or right-of-ways, and drainage ditches, repairing shoulders, patching potholes, making base repairs, repairing bridges, paving driveways, and laying sideline/cross line pipe. Operates dump trucks transporting equipment and materials to and from job sites. Performs flagging, workzone setup and take down, and driving follow vehicle. Performs duties as required for stand-by crew rotation, emergencies, snow-ice, and equipment operation such as plow, loader, or spreader, requiring right-of-way debris removal. Performs other related duties. Operates small power tools and removes trees from right-of-way.
APPLICATIONS MAY BE OBTAINED AND FILED ONLINE AT:
510 W. Alexander Avenue
Greenwood, SC 29646
A RESUME MAY BE INCLUDED BUT NOT SUBSTITUTED FOR COMPLETING THE ENTIRE APPLICATION. RESUMES ARE NOT REVIEWED TO DETERMINE IF AN APPLICANT MEETS REQUIREMENTS OF POSITION. SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONS ARE CONSIDERED PART OF THE APPLICATION AND MUST BE COMPLETED.