Date Posted: November 4, 2020
Deadline: May 30, 2018
Organization: Department of Energy
City: Aiken, SC
Website: View Website
- Must be currently enrolled as a full-time student at a community college or accredited two-year college and completed at least one semester at the time of applying. A full-time student is defined as a student who is enrolled for the number of hours or courses the school considers to be full-time attendance (as defined by the Internal Revenue Service).
- Must have completed at least 6 credit hours in science, mathematics, engineering, or technology course areas, and completed at least 12 credits hours towards a degree.
- Must have an undergraduate cumulative minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale for all completed courses taken as a matriculated student at the applicant's current (or recently-graduated) institution and at any undergraduate institutions attended as a matriculated postsecondary student during the 5 years preceding the start of the current enrollment. (This does not include college or university courses taken while solely a high school student.)
- Must be 18 years or older at the time the internship begins.
- Must be a United States Citizen or Lawful Permanent Resident at the time of applying.
The Community College Internship (CCI) program seeks to encourage community college students to enter technical careers relevant to the DOE mission by providing technical training experiences at the DOE laboratories. Selected students participate as interns appointed at one of 15 participating DOE laboratories. They work on technologies or instrumentation projects or major research facilities supporting DOE’s mission, under the guidance of laboratory staff scientists or engineers.