Date Posted: November 4, 2020
Deadline: December 31, 2018
Organization: Ascend Performance Materials
Website: View Website
Job Type: Part Time
- Strong interpersonal skills and drive for customer satisfaction
- Ability to follow direction, ask for clarification, and demonstrate business aptitude
- Solid analytical and problem solving skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to learn and adapt with new technologies
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Customer service experience preferred
- Ability to diagnose and resolve onsite and remote PC related computing problems
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Operating Systems, Microsoft desktop applications and Adobe suite of products
- Experience with simple network design & support (cable patching, port moves)
Employees in this position must possess mobility to work in a standard office setting and to use standard office equipment, including a computer; stamina to sit or stand and maintain attention to detail despite interruptions; may occasionally lift/carry/push/pull up to 25 pounds; may require occasional walking, climbing, stooping, crouching, and/or bending; and vision to read printed materials and a computer screen, and hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone. May require the ability to travel by air or auto. May require the use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses, safety shoes, and shop coat.
Ascend is seeking motivated students to join IT Field Support teams in our Greenwood manufacturing location. Interns will help run Service Desk operations during a two year long, hands on internship.
Interns will have the opportunity to apply functional skills and safety principles in a manufacturing environment while working on projects under the guidance and assistance of experienced team members. These projects may include process improvement, identifying and troubleshooting issues and/or updating procedures. Through these hands on experiences, interns will further develop their skill set and build relationships with IT professionals.
To be eligible, candidates must be enrolled in an accredited college or university and preferably with a 36 semester hours in a Computer Science or related discipline. They must be in good academic standing and have a cumulative GPA of 2.7 or higher.
This position requires strong interpersonal skills and drive for customer satisfaction. The successful candidate must be able to follow direction, ask for clarification, demonstrate business aptitude, solid analytical and problem solving skills. They must have good written and verbal communication skills, and be able to learn and adapt with new technologies.
Successful completion of the internship program will follow with a presentation to the team and fellow interns. The presentation will include an overview of what the intern learned from the program, the projects worked, and the intern’s overall experience.
- Act as initial contact for all customer support requests relating to hardware and software, telephone, network, operating systems, printing, and Internet access problems
- Answer help desk phone, take the first level corrective action
- Assist with problems and schedule sessions to address technical issues reported by customers. Escalate problems appropriately.
- Record, track and document problem resolutions
- Follow up to ensure problem resolution
- Perform testing to ensure changes meet customer needs
- Provide technical and administrative support for systems and related applications and services
- Install, configure, and support workstations and laptops (Windows 7) as well as network printers
- Perform Asset management via serial number or service tag
- Perform Printer/copier maintenance
- Perform Mobile device troubleshooting
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor