License Practical Nurse (LPN) Full time
Date Posted: November 4, 2020
Deadline: May 31, 2020
Organization: AFC Urgent Care
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Wages/Salary: Salary range $13-$17 per hour
Associates degree (A.A.) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and frequently required to walk. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist front office as necessary greeting and registering patients, obtaining/scanning required signed paperwork, copies of insurance and identification cards, verifying insurance and collecting/recording payments accurately.
- Ensure returning patients’ demographics and insurance are correct and HIPAA acknowledgement has been signed within the past year.
- Follow company procedures related to workers’ compensation and occupational medicine patients
- Answer phone calls in a professional manner within three rings.
- Respond promptly to customer needs, provide excellent customer service, assist patients as necessary. Maintain awareness of comfort and needs of the patient.
- Take temperature, pulse, blood pressure, and other vital signs to detect deviations from normal. Enter into EMR accurately.
- Document nursing history and physical assessment of patients.
- Ensure patient flow is timely and organized, prioritizing appropriately.
- Explain prescribed procedures and treatments to patients.
- Prepare equipment and aid physician during treatment and examination of patient.
- Draw blood from patient’s finger, ear lobe, or vein, observing principles of asepsis to obtain blood samples.
- Collect specimen from the patient utilizing the approved equipment, sequence and procedure.
- Perform laboratory tests according to written instructions.
- Ensure all ordered tests are performed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Administer prescribed medications and treatments in accordance with approved nursing techniques.
- Ensure patient immunizations are appropriate, well documented and administered using approved nursing techniques.
- Observe patient, record significant conditions and reactions, and notify supervisor or physician of patient’s condition and reaction to drugs, treatments, and significant incidents.
- Discharge patients accurately and timely by collecting balances, providing patient documentation, and following discharge procedures
- Properly start lab equipment daily; Perform maintenance on equipment as scheduled.
- Maintain daily log; document all requests and results of lab work accurately.
- Perform daily quality control and cleaning procedures according to guidelines.
- Order and stock supplies weekly.
- Respond to all lab messages and call back requests; share responsibility of call back sheets.
- Respond to all patient messages; documenting conversations in electronic medical records system.
- Utilize lab software (interface queue), as well as any lab equipment according to the proper procedure and instruction.
- Respond to life saving situations based upon nursing standards, policies, procedures, and protocol.
- Maintain BLS certification.
- Ensure patient health information is protected according to HIPAA guidelines. Complete annual HIPAA training as required.
- Perform all drug screening/breath alcohol testing procedures in accordance with established rules and regulations.
- Conduct physician referrals as well as service pre-certifications on an as needed basis.
- Prepare rooms; sterilize instruments, equipment, and supplies for procedures.
- Ensure work area is neat and clean, fully stocked and all laundry items have been laundered and put away.
- Manage difficult and emotional customer situations.
- Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness.
- Maintain complete and accurate documentation.
- Observe safety and security procedures; promote a safe and pleasant work environment.
- Report potentially unsafe conditions to management.
- Regular attendance/timeliness to ensure efficient clinic operations.
- Treat people with respect, inspire trust of others, work with integrity, uphold organizational values.
- Adapt to change in work environment, manage competing demands
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
474 Bypass 72 NW
Greenwood, SC 29649
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.