Licensed Practical Nurse
Date Posted: March 25, 2021
Deadline: April 30, 2021
Organization: New Horizon Family Health Services
Location: Greenville Area
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
- Graduation from an accredited school of practical nursing and one (1) year of practical nursing experience, preferably in an ambulatory health care setting.
- Must be licensed as a Practical Nurse by the South Carolina Board of Nursing.
- One (1) year of experience in a community health center setting
- Experience with an EHR
- Must have a working knowledge of computer programs and professional construction of emails
- Must demonstrate
- legible handwriting
- excellent spelling
- speaking clearly and grammatically correct
- the ability to accept responsibility as indicated
- being a motivated and enthusiastic learner
The Licensed Practical Nurse assists the Medical Provider or Registered Nurse (RN) in the care and treatment of New Horizon Family Health Services patients. The LPN shall perform a variety of complex nursing tasks and related duties as required.
- Collects and documents in the EHR: vital signs, patient complaints/concerns, demographic data and history from patient, family and others, while following Patient Centered Medical Home procedures.
- Identifies gross manifestations of common diseases and abnormal conditions.
- Identifies gross states of faulty emotional and mental health adjustments.
- Understands the purpose of and has a working knowledge of Patient Centered Medical Home concepts.
- Tracking: Works with Nursing Staff team members to track outcomes for referrals, hospitalizations, pap smears, vouchers and other required information supporting Patient Centered Medical Home guidelines and processing Gaps in Care report as assigned.
- Organizes time to provide expected care to assigned patients.
- Helps to support the achievement of provider productivity goals.
- Is responsible for assisting with daily patient phone messages.
- Will assist MA and CSS as needed to complete patient referrals
- Will monitor and complete assigned Athena provider staff buckets and task buckets
- Performs ordered treatments and procedures in accordance with NHFHS and area of practice policies and procedures and documents them in the EHR.
- Administers medications in accordance with policies and procedures and with knowledge of usual dosage, expected results, and potential side effects and documents them in the EHR.
- Correctly processes and documents Point of Care Lab Tests and Basic Lab Tests, as assigned.
- Provides care in a gentle, safe manner.
- Participates in CQI, other internal committees, special projects/observances or activities that promote improvements in organizational performance and/or advance the mission, goals, and objectives of NHFHS.
- Performs other duties, which may be assigned by the Practice Manager, Director of Nursing & Clinical Support Services, Chief Medical Officer and/or the Chief Executive Officer.
- Observes and reports gross changes in patient’s condition to the appropriate person in a timely manner.
- Is attentive to patient and/or family concerns about treatment.
- Exercises proper surveillance of patients and documents; maintains patient confidentiality.
- Utilizes principles of body mechanics in moving patients.
- Follows and utilizes principles of control as they apply.
- Conforms to NHFHS policies and procedures in reporting and following up injuries to self and others after providing immediate aid.
- Reports environment hazards when discovered.
- Demonstrates knowledge and competence in fire, disaster procedures and Universal Precautions.
- Participates in mock codes.
- Demonstrates knowledge and competence in response to codes and is re-certified yearly in CPR training.
- Provides patient instructions and information on routine diagnostic procedures.
- Provides basic patient/family education in uncomplicated health problems in accordance with the plan of care for the patient.
- Utilizes patient instructions and information on routine diagnostic procedures.
- Participates in staff development programs required by NHFHS and area of practice.
- Assists in the orientation/training of other staff.
- Utilizes proper channels of authority and communication in the work setting.
- Fosters trust and respect among staff, patients, families, and visitors; maintains effective staff/patient relationships.
- Allows others the opportunity to express feelings and respects individuality; handles own feelings appropriately.
- Accepts constructive criticism; participates in evaluation process.
- Conforms to rules for employee behavior.
- Expresses concerns and criticisms constructively.
- Prevents staff tension from interfering with patient care.
- Maintains accountability for own nursing practice.
- Implements proper cleaning, orderliness and care of work area and equipment – completes weekly assigned chores.
- Knows location of equipment and keeps equipment intact.
- Observes safety precautions in moving and restraining of patients.
- Enters pertinent data regarding x-rays, laboratory procedures, and is able to retrieve computer information.
975 W. Faris Rd
Greenville, SC 29605
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.