Date Posted: July 29, 2021
Deadline: August 31, 2021
Organization: Burton Center Disabilities and Special Needs
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Wages/Salary: Salary ranges from $18-$19 per hour with state health insurance, state retirement, 401-K options, paid annual and sick leave, holiday pay.
Education: Graduate of accredited school of nursing
Experience: One-two years’ experience working with individuals with disabilities and special needs
Licenses: Current SC Board of Nursing License, Current SC Driver’s License
General Requirements: Verbal, written, typing, computer skills
Physical Requirements: Lifting, turning individuals, assuming awkward positions
Other Requirements: Effective oral and written communication skills
BASIC FUNCTION: The Residential Nurse will be delegated the responsibility by the Operations Manager or Deputy Director in areas of health maintenance, prevention of illness and accidents and the administration of medication to individuals. The Residential Nurse will have authority in the area of nursing care and will function under the Operations Manager/Deputy Director.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: (The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or is a logical assignment to the position.)
- Administers medication on schedule according to approved measures including documentation of each dose at the time given.
- Observes individuals for possible side effects of medication.
- Ensures a continuous supply of medication by reordering through the pharmacist when necessary and making certain a supply for individuals who will leave during a scheduled medication period.
- Teaches individuals about their medications and general measures according to a defined teaching program with behavioral objectives.
- Participates in the self-administration teaching program when ordered by physician
- Remains with an individual or staff in cases of sudden illnesses or injury while assistance is being obtained.
- Monitors for and schedules all required laboratory work, x-rays, immunizations, dental and vision exams, speech and hearing evaluations to include obtaining reports for these services and filing the reports in the medical section of individual’s chart.
- Observes for and inspects individuals and staff for signs of illness, especially Infectious illnesses, and completing body audits as necessary.
- Reviews each individual’s records for new and standing medical orders.
- Completes 60 day medical orders.
- Completes monthly weight charts.
- Does vital signs on individuals monthly or as needed and documents these in the medical section of chart.
- Completes seizure records monthly as indicated.
- Prepares medication administration records for each individual monthly.
- Consults with Director of Nursing and Dietician in reference to dietary needs of individuals and prepares a monthly diet roster.
- Documents all pertinent medical information in the medical section of chart on an ongoing basis.
- Completes medical section of initial and yearly developmental assessment for individuals.
- Attends staffings and PDR’s as needed. Prepares for PDR’s.
- Observes for and inspects the environment, especially the kitchen for unhealthy or potentially hazardous conditions. Completes a monthly infection control report.
- Keeps the nursing, medical, dental sections of chart updated and in order.
- Transports individuals for medical appointments.
- Assists in coverage in emergency situations. Accompanies individual at hospital as necessary.
- Participates in nurses on call
- Assist individual with feeding if on feeding tube.
- Assist CTH individuals as necessary regarding health situations. Works closely with Pharmacy to ensure correct medications.
2605 Hwy 72/221 E
Greenwood, SC 29649
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.