Date Posted: November 4, 2020
Deadline: December 31, 2018
Organization: ResCare HomeCare
Job Type: Full Time
Wages/Salary: $16.00 per hour
One year of related experience and/or training is necessary.
Diploma from an accredited Practical Nurse Program
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Current LPN license from the Commonwealth or State; current BLS/CPR certification
- Provides patient care, assessment, triage, and treatment.
- Provides input to Health Services Administrator, CenterPhysician, and Center Mental Health Consultant for case management ofstudent health issues.
- Executes student orientation to Health Services.
- Assists Health Services Administrator with center widestaff training requirements.
- Promotes and projects activities that support health andsafety throughout the center.
- (STD’s Diabetes, Weight Program)
- Sicklecell, HBP, Asthma, Family Planning &Parenting Clinics
- Provides for written standing orders on department andprocedures for health care
- Acts as liaison for Wellness Classroom and Center Lifedormitories.
- Assures maintenance of medical records in accordance withPRH standards and Nurse Practice Act.
- Assists health Services Administrator with monitoringHealth Services expenditures to comply with established contract andbudgets.
- Performs quality assurance record audits.
- Participates in department system for student feedback andconcerns.
- Provides on call services and emergency care includingfirst aid and CPR; facilitates provision of emergency services on andoff center.
- Complies with OSHA requirements
- Assists Health Service Administrator with medicationmanagement including monthly inventory and ordering of stockmedication/vaccines; weekly count and monitoring of controlledsubstances, and daily ordering and monitoring of student prescriptionsto assure safety of medications and vaccines.
- Maintains accurate records for ordering, storage,administration, and disposal of medication/vaccines.
- Implements infection control measures in Health Servicesand assists in monitoring center wide infection control.
- Assists in monitoring use, maintenance, and disposal ofsupplies and equipment in Health Services.
- Other duties as assigned