Date Posted: November 4, 2020
Deadline: June 30, 2018
Organization: NICCA USA, Inc.
City: FOUNTAIN INN
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Qualification Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education: High School Diploma or GED. Training certificates for electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic systems are preferred.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience as a maintenance technician in a manufacturing environment or chemical facility preferred. Recent graduates will be considered.
Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
Reasoning Ability: Use of judgment to plan, perform and make decisions as to the sequence of set-ups, operations and processes within the limitations of recognized or standard methods and procedures.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to understand & follow all safety rules
- Ability to follow all ISO procedures
- This job requires a person to be able to wear respiratory protection
- This job requires a person to be able to work in confined spaces
- Ability to climb stairs, lift, use hand tools, bend and stoop
- Must possess a valid driver’s license for the state of residence and be insurable under the company’s motor vehicle insurance policy.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Occasional lifting or moving or equivalent pulling, pushing, carrying, shoveling or stretching, rarely lifting up to 50 lbs.
This position requires an employee to inspect, maintain, repair, and build machinery, physical structures, forklifts, pipe fittings, electrical components, and instrumentation in a commercial and industrial environment. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required.
- Assist with coordination of plant projects and start-ups as needed
- Participate in development of Preventative Maintenance Program
- Perform Preventive Maintenance (PM) rounds according to schedule
- Conduct routine inspection and test machinery for safe and proper function
- Work with Production and EHS departments to identify and repair equipment as needed
- Dismantle defective equipment and install new or repaired parts
- Clean and lubricate shafts, bearings, gears, and seals
- Install and repair electrical components to include transformers, starters, wiring, and motors
- Install and repair instrumentation components to include valves, flow meters, thermocouples, pressure switches, and controllers
- Lay out, assemble, and install piping systems and related hydraulic and pneumatic equipment
- Maintain physical plant structures
- Perform other maintenance work as requested
- Availability to be on call on a rotating weekly schedule
- Ability to use company vehicle to retrieve supplies
- Operate cutting torches or welding equipment to cut or join metal parts.
- Keep work areas clean to eliminate re-occurring housekeeping issues
- Communicate safety needs of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) or equipment changes to Supervisor
- Work on assigned safety improvement projects
- Report observations of unsafe work habits and conditions for immediate remediation
- Attend weekly Departmental and Company Safety Meetings
- Interact effectively with all departments and employees to facilitate accomplishment of responsibilities
- Identify own training needs and work with Maintenance Supervisor to schedule and complete training
- Other duties as assigned.