Date Posted: August 18, 2021
Deadline: September 1, 2021
Organization: SC Dept. of Parks, Recreation and Tourism
Location: Columbia Area
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Wages/Salary: $34,338 annually
High School diploma (or equivalent) along with four years experience in construction / maintenance & trades activities. Including but not limited to Building Construction, Electrical, Carpentry, Plumbing, and Historical Preservation.
1) Position requires medium to heavy lifting, walking, and standing on uneven terrain, crawling, kneeling, and working at heights. Working conditions are often outside in hot, cold and inclement weather. Exposure to dusty conditions, cleaning agents and other chemicals.
Statewide travel is required with overnight stays.
2) Thorough knowledge of tools, equipment and materials used in building construction and maintenance. Working knowledge and competency in carpentry, electrical, and plumbing trades. Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing, understand written instructions, and direct subordinates on projects.
3) Possess a valid SC drivers license. Applicant must be able to obtain a Class "A" Combination CDL within one year of hire date.
Construction and/or renovations to SCPRT facilities and maintenance to buildings and grounds. Infrastructure repairs to roads, bridges, utilities and dams. Renovations to campgrounds and day use areas.
1) Performs Historical Restoration projects involving, carpentry, electrical, and plumbing to SCPRT's facilities.
2) Assists Construction Foreman with planning and staging of materials. Assists with job phases to help coordinate and ensure tasks are preformed in an efficient manner.
3) Properly maintains tools and equipment on a daily basis. Stores tools in proper locations and periodically checks for any defective or broken tools.
4) Follows Construction Foreman's directions on project planning and implementation of project criteria. Ability to read and understand building plans and blueprints. On occasion helps to direct other co-workers on construction and maintenance projects.
5) Possess a Class "A" combination CDL drivers license for intrastate travel in SCPRT vehicles only. On occasion, moving heavy equipment to various Parks for projects and storm clean up.
6) On a weekly basis, enters working hours and travel expense reports into SCEIS for payroll and travel reimbursements.
7) Practice and promote teamwork within the State Park Service, throughout the agency and external stakeholders. Represents office as an active member on agency teams assigned throughout the year.
Actual Job Location: Construction Field Management
Full-time, 40 hours per week.
The South Carolina Department of Parks, Recreation & Tourism is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer.
1205 Pendleton Street
Columbia, SC 29201
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.