Date Posted: August 27, 2021
Deadline: September 27, 2021
Organization: GLEAMNS Human Resources Commission, Inc
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
State Certification as a Medical Assistant or a combination of education and experience commensurate with the job description. Two years of experience working in a health-related field with preschool children.
Valid South Carolina Driver’s License
Under the supervision of the Health Manager, responsible for ensuring the delivery of health and nutrition services for children.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Reviews ChildPlus data to ensure accuracy and compliance of health and nutrition data.
2. Maintains accurate nutrition and health records/files and ensures confidentiality of data.
3. Assists in completing vision screenings, hearing screenings, heights and weights, blood pressure checks, and lead assessments prior to the child’s 45- or 90-day deadline, as appropriate.
4. Assists in entering health/nutrition data in ChildPlus or other database systems.
5. Assists in coordinating and scheduling medical and dental appointments for children.
6. Serves as a resource and support to employees regarding health requirements and children’s health concerns, referrals, and follow up treatment.
7. Assists in completing requisitions for health and nutrition supplies. Follows up on any billing errors.
8. Provides health resources or training to employees and families, particularly for children who have recurring medical or nutritional concerns.
9. Communicates with parents regarding their child’s screening, exam, and follow up treatment requirements.
10. Provides input regarding individual health and nutrition care plans for children who have medical concerns or special feeding requirements.
11. Monitors the health and safety practices at Centers and ensures State, federal, and local regulations are being followed. Issues timely report of findings to Center Coordinator, Area Manager, Health Manager, and Head Start/Early Head Start Director.
12. Monitors health files, forms, and documentation for compliance with State, federal, and local regulations.
13. Prepares health and nutrition reports for employees, management team, and Program Director. Follows up to ensure health and nutrition regulations are met.
14. Reviews lesson plans to ensure health activities are provided to children.
15. Assists in promoting effective oral health hygiene and nutrition services.
16. Participates in health services advisory committee meetings and other meetings when health and nutrition issues are being discussed.
17. Performs other duties as assigned.
237 North Hospital St
Greenwood, SC 29648
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.