OFFICE COORDINATOR - AIR CARGO
Date Posted: October 4, 2021
Deadline: October 30, 2021
Organization: Greenville Spartanburg Airport
Location: Greenville Area
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
- Air cargo experience, preferred.
- Accounts Receivable (AR), Accounts Payable (AP), and Office Administration experience, preferred.
- Any combination of relevant: education, experience, skills, and/or training may be considered.
- Special Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving and data gathering skills and ability to manage multiple priorities in a changing environment.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Superior customer service skills.
- Ability to be proactive and demonstrate initiative; ability to work independently, accurately, and exercise discretion.
- Proficiency in the use of a personal computer is necessary, with skills in Microsoft Windows (including, but not limited to, Outlook, Word and Excel), required.
- Must exhibit the desire to continue training and increase knowledge needed to remain current with changing industry regulations, standards and procedures.
- Previous cargo management software experience, preferred.
- Supervisory Responsibility
- Indirect supervision of Agents performing traffic assignment and/or providing customer service.
- Valid Driver’s License, required.
- IATA DG Category 6, required, or ability to obtain within six (6) months.
- Latitude/Independent Judgement/Accuracy
- Diligence must be exercised when handling confidential information.
- Reasonable care for equipment/property in order to prevent damage.
- Responsible for own work but must coordinate work with others.
- Physical Demand - Use of personal protective equipment is required. Must possess the ability to engage in frequent sitting, walking, and standing, and occasional climbing, stooping, kneeling, pushing, crouching, crawling and balancing.
- Frequently required to push, pull, lift objects up to 20 pounds. Occasionally perform strenuous physical activities such as lifting, pushing and pulling items weighing 70 pounds or more, engage in sustained physical exertion and perform arduous work under adverse conditions and maintain physical fitness pertinent to the work.
- Mental and/or Visual Demand - Mental and visual demands are high and vary with function performed. Consistent mental attention needed to respond safely and efficiently.
- Attentiveness to work procedure will reduce potential risk of injury in work areas.
- Specific vision abilities include close, distance, color and peripheral vision, and depth perception. Employee is required to have the visual acuity to analyze data and figures, operate a computer terminal.
- Exposed to normal office, warehouse and aviation environments. Exposed to heat, cold, rain, snow and a noisy work environment.
- May be required to work various shifts, including evenings and weekends, rotating shifts, holidays, etc., and may be required to travel outside District boundaries to attend meetings, training, etc.
- Will be subject to recall after normal duty hours.
- Must be able to complete and pass a background investigation, drug screening, and physical examination as per Federal, State, and GSP Airport District requirements.
The Office Coordinator – Air Cargo is responsible for administrative, customer service and billing functions for Cerulean Commercial Aviation Services Division (CASD), which includes cargo and passenger services operations.
- Develops, recommends, and implements approved office processes and procedures that support and improve efficiency of the cargo operations.
- Monitors, maintains, and replenishes office supplies and print materials that support cargo operations.
- Oversees, guides, and supports the customer service experience for cargo stakeholders as it relates to Import/Export tendering.
- Provides expertise in cargo management software (i.e., CHAMP Cargospot, etc.) and makes recommendations for improving efficiency and accuracy of information.
- Trains Ramp Agents to effectively perform traffic and customer service duties.
- Ensures compliance with regulatory entities as it related to freight tendering and delivery.
- Establishes accounts and payment arrangements with new vendors and customers in coordination with the District Finance Department.
- Prepares, reviews and processes customer invoices ensuring that customer billing is timely and accurate.
- Works with customers and vendors to resolve disputes and ensure timely payment for services rendered.
- Compiles and reports financial and operational metrics.
- Provides operational leadership in absence of Supervisors or Leads.
- Operates powered industrial equipment.
- Loads/unloads trucks.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
2000 GSP Dr.
Greer, SC 29607
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.