Park Ranger III
Date Posted: October 27, 2021
Deadline: November 3, 2021
Organization: SCPRT/Baker Creek State Park
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Wages/Salary: $32,800 annually.
Associate degree in Park Management or related field with two (2) years experience as a Park Ranger or equivalent combination of education and experience.
1) Classification may require successful completion of law enforcement training as prescribed by state law. Position requires medium to heavy lifting, walking, and standing on uneven terrain, crawling, and working at heights. Exposure to weather conditions, cleaning agents, and other materials and substances used in maintaining park facilities and grounds. Position works a flexible work schedule, including weekends and holidays.
2) Knowledge of park operations, to include maintenance and administrative functions. The ability to work independently and direct subordinates as required.
3) Possess a valid SC Driver's License.
Under general supervision, assists with overall operation and maintenance of a State Park. Performs diversified duties governed by general instructions, policies and standard operating procedures of the State Park Service.
1) Supervises and directs other full and part-time employees as directed by the Park Manager.
2) Assists with and may conduct the administrative activities to include, but not limited to, receiving and documenting revenues, preparing reports and receiving payments in accordance with standard operating procedures.
3) Manages specific operational activities to include specific areas such as retail sales, recreation equipment rentals, camping, bike/hike trails, special events, volunteers and staff.
4) Maintain all equipment related to Ranger activities in good working condition and appearance. Makes frequent inspections to assure satisfactory conditions. Provide safe environment for Park visitors & employees.
5) Enforces park rules, regulations and policies within established limits and in accordance with department policy.
6) Plans, directs and conducts maintenance activities on grounds, facilities and equipment to ensure that they are maintained to the standards set forth by the Park Service.
7) Performs continuous public relation activities and educational and recreational activities as required.
8) Practice and promote teamwork within the Park, throughout the agency and with external agency stakeholders. Represents office as an active member on agency teams assigned throughout the year.
Actual Job Location: Baker Creek State Park.
Full-time, 40 hours per week rotating schedule including weekends and holidays.
Residency in agency provided housing.
The South Carolina Department of Parks, Recreation & Tourism is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer.
863 Baker Creek Road
McCormick, SC 29835
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.