Part-time Community Health Navigator in Clarkston
Date Posted: March 25, 2021
Deadline: November 15, 2020
Organization: Center for Victims of Torture
City: Clarkston, GA
Website: View Website
Job Type: Part Time
The Center for Victims of Torture is hiring a Community Health Navigator to engage in public health education, resource sharing, and care linkage to mitigate the impacts of COVID-19 on the refugee and immigrant communities in and around the Clarkston area. This person will participate in community organizing and represent the project in the refugee and immigrant communities.
Type of Employment: This position is grant-funded and anticipated to last up to three years.
Location: Clarkston, Georgia
Part-time, 10-18 hours per week
The Center for Victims of Torture works toward a future in which torture ceases to exist and its victims have hope for a new life. We are an international nonprofit dedicated to healing survivors of torture. We offer rehabilitation services to those who have been tortured, train partners around the world who can prevent and treat torture, and advocate for human rights and an end to torture. We are headquartered in Minnesota, and we have US offices in Georgia and DC, as well as offices in Africa and the Middle East.
- Community Outreach & Engagement: Build and enhance relationships with community leaders, partners and health experts within the refugee and immigrant community. Conduct formal meetings and ongoing consultations with leaders and experts to identify best culturally-adaptive strategies for intervening within in the refugee community. Engage with the community through health education, awareness raising, and resource-sharing in various avenues including virtually, community events, health fairs, etc. Disseminate pertinent COVID-19 resources to refugee and immigrant communities.
- Care Linkage: Identify CVT clients, their families, and community members who have been impacted by COVID-19 and provide linkage to testing, medical care, and other resources, as- needed. Provide orientation and training on the National COVID -19 Resiliency Network (NCRN) platform for clients who have the ability to access the platform. Share and disseminate existing NCRN resources as-needed.
- Data Entry & Collection: Participate in the review of the distribution and population density of particular refugee and immigrant groups within the Clarkston community. Assist in creating a map that details the communities represented in Clarkston and the regions where they are located. Utilize information from community mapping, meetings and research to guide the expansion of the dissemination plan for COVID-19 mitigation materials. Routinely enter data into tracking system and database.
Required education, experience, certificates, licenses or registrations
- At least 2 years of experience working a professional setting involving public health, social services or related field
- Demonstrated experience working with diverse communities
- Demonstrated experience coordinating and facilitating community outreach and activities
Preferred education, experience, certificates, licenses or registrations
- Bachelor’s degree in public health-related field
- 4 years of experience working in public health, social services or related field
- Demonstrated experience working as a health navigator
Competencies (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
- Language fluency in a language other than English, preferred
- Connections to and knowledge of the refugee and immigrant communities in Metro Atlanta
- Highly relational interpersonal style
- Interest in healthcare, behavioral and mental health issues
- Ability to provide health education and trainings
- Ability to discuss and address topics of mental health without judgment or stigma, as well as maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work in a team environment and autonomously
- Ability to be a self-starter, intrinsically motivated and oriented toward problem-solving
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word and Excel)
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communications skills
- Excellent skills in organization, attention to detail and time management (including the ability to meet deadlines)
- Regular access to a car to drive within the Metro Atlanta area
- Interest in or commitment to human rights
Hourly pay rate: $19- $24 per hour, DOQ
To Apply: Submit resume, cover letter and salary expectations by November 15, 2020 to http://cvt.simplicant.com/
CVT is committed to hiring and fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce that leverages the skills and talents of all employees in our organization, regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, familial status, genetic information, or any other protected status. We encourage candidates with diverse backgrounds such as these to apply for this position.
2356 University Ave W
St Paul, MN 55114
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.