Date Posted: July 25, 2022
Deadline: August 26, 2022
Organization: County of Newberry
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time Part Time
- Maintains and enters information in the ADP payroll system; verifies hours worked; keys pay adjustments and employee data into payroll system; enters
deductions for county-provided health insurance, SLTD, all supplemental insurances, state and federal income tax withholding, SC State Retirement System withholdings, deferred compensation, and garnishments of wages initiated by state and/or federal entities. Receives, verifies, and enters all leave information for employees into the payroll system; distributes leave reports to managers. Records information such as transfers, new hires, and resignations to maintain and update payroll records. Reconciles insurance billings, i.e., health, dental, optional life, supplemental insurances, and retirement accounts. Responsible for filing all personnel documentation and maintaining personnel files.
At the discretion of the Finance Director, assists Human Resource Director to respond to surveys, audits and request from both internal and external entities, workforce composition, and employee compensation. Responds to wage/employment verifications. Assists Human Resource Director and attorney with requests made under the South Carolina Freedom of Information Act concerning employee compensation.
- At the discretion of the Finance Director, assists the Human Resource Director by coordinating with department heads in recruiting efforts to fill employment vacancies by advertising open positions, pre-screening prospective employee applications and assist in conducting interviews.
Ensures appropriate confidentiality regarding sensitive employee and job applicant information.
- Updates and maintains payroll roster and other reports for budgeting purposes. Serves as County Title VI Coordinator.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Finance Director or the County Administrator.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, Business Administration, Human Resources or related field of study or B) Associates degree in related business-related field with minimum of 2 years of payroll or accounting related experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft Power Point
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of local, state, and federal laws and policies relating to county employees
- Preferred experience in Automatic Data Processing (ADP) or equivalent payroll system
- Requires sitting desk work for two or more hours at a time
- Must be able to climb at least three consecutive standard flights of stairs
- Must be able to lift andcarry manuals weighing up to twenty pounds
- Requires extensive keyboarding dexterity and endurance
- Requires intensive concentration for two or more hours at a time
- Must be physically able and licensed to drive an automobile
- Visits work environments that may be confined in nature, obstructed by work materials/equipment, or uneven and awkward to traverse on foot
Occasional overnight travel/work hours outside normal business hours
Under limited supervision of the Finance Director, processes and maintains bi weekly payroll in accordance to established policies, procedures, and ordinances for the County. Duties include processing and maintaining payroll actions as well as administering various bi-weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual reports. Aids with recruitment, classification and compensation, onboarding procedures, workers compensation and serves as a reference for policy and procedures.
Serves as support for the Director of Human Resources, at the discretion of the Finance Director, with various other departmental related duties as assigned.
1330 College St
Newberry, SC 29108
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.