Date Posted: March 25, 2021
Deadline: December 31, 2020
Website: View Website
Job Type: Part Time
Wages/Salary: $8-$12/hour depending on experience and qualifications
· Must be at least 18 years old
· Undergraduate degree from a state approved college or university in early childhood, child development, elementary education, or a related field with 60 days field experience
· High School diploma or equivalent and six months of prior experience in a state licensed childcare facility.
· Successful state background check and health assessments
· Flexible and strong work ethic a must
· Neat, clean, professional appearance
· Ability to manage the demands of children ages 2 to 5 years old
· Spoken and written English fluency (Spanish fluency a plus)
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
· CPR / First Aid Certifications
· Enrollment in / completion of ECE coursework
· Experience with Reggio Emilia Approach
· Knowledge and understanding of current state and local regulations
Wunderkind Preschool Academy is a unique new preschool opening in Greenwood, SC, serving children ages 2-5, with a focus on natural child development in a Reggio Emilia inspired environment. We are currently looking for qualified early childhood teachers to fill upcoming positions.
-Do you enjoy observing children’s inquisitive minds at work?
-Do you have creative aptitude that naturally guides the imagination of a child?
-Are you interested in being part of an amazing team engaging with preschool age children?
If your career passion is to provide a safe, healthy, and educational environment where you can make a difference in a child’s life, then this may be the position that you have been searching for!
The responsibilities of our Preschool Teacher position include, but are not limited to, supervising the safety of all children assigned to their care, researching, facilitating, and co-constructing alongside our children, developing emergent curriculum in response to the collaborative needs and interests of the class, documenting and communicating children’s progress, and displaying children’s ongoing project work throughout the school. All teachers must maintain required credentials for the position such as professional development hours. Lead Teachers will work collaboratively with other teachers to plan and coordinate curriculum and ensure a consistent flow throughout the day.
1518 Calhoun Road
Greenwood, SC 29649
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.