Date Posted: November 4, 2020
Deadline: December 31, 2020
Organization: Vansco, Inc.
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Wages/Salary: $13.00 - $16.00
See "Position Description"
Vansco, Inc.: POSITION DESCRIPTION Updated: 12.16.19
JOB TITLE: Lead Classification: Hourly
DEPARTMENT: Production Salary Grade:
Position Reports To: Operations Manager
Direct Reports: Indirect - Production Personnel within Assigned Area
The Lead assists the Operations Manager with the direction and coordination of the activities of the production personnel within the assigned area of responsibility to assure the safe and efficient operation of the production facility in order to meet the product demand of customers.
- Responsibilities include:
- Ensure all production employees follow established safety regulations and work practices.
- Assist the Operations Manager with the preparation of the production schedule and direction of production activities within area of responsibility to meet the customer demand and quality specification of products.
- Process all Work Orders in support of the production schedule.
- Maintain supply of printed wire labels.
- Perform assigned quality assurance checks for products produced in assigned area.
- Facilitate regular communication with production personnel within assigned area.
- Identify and implement process improvement opportunities with the Operations Manager.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area to support safe and efficient production activities.
- As assigned, complete tasks supporting and/or maintain records showing compliance with federal, state and local safety, environmental and other regulatory agency requirements such as OSHA and ISO.
- Ensure all assigned material control procedures are followed as required.
- Review machines and equipment to ensure adherence to specified maintenance and operating instructions.
- Train production employees in assigned area on specific job duties assuring understanding of safety, quality and output requirements for each task.
- Communicate any problems or production obstacles to the Operations Manager.
- Maintain required records of equipment, production, deliveries and supplies, and make these available to management as requested.
- Perform direct production activities as needed to support demand requirements.
- Perform other work as assigned by the Operations Manager.
- Enforce company rules and policies within area of responsibility. Inform Operations Manager regarding any employee performance issues.
- Interview and/or provide input with the hiring of new employees.
- Sign off on quality of parts/product/workmanship from employees within assigned area.
- Performance Evaluation Metrics:
- Plant meets objectives for production availability to promise date, production labor efficiency and department expenditure budgets.
- Production department meets all compliance requirements and all compliance records are maintained as required.
- Attendance and following work assignments.
- Education and Training:
A high school diploma and 5 years of related work experience. Exceptions may be given for work experience or education.
- Experience and Ability:
5 years of experience within a manufacturing environment.
Ability to perform critical work tasks within area of responsibility.
Ability to analyze and solve problems.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, work instructions and procedure manuals.
Ability to communicate effectively with employees and co-workers.
Ability to perform basic math skills.
Ability to interpret instructions furnished in written, verbal, or diagram form.
Ability to lift up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
Ability to meet specific vision requirements including close vision and color vision.
- Working Conditions/Environment:
Work is required in an environmentally controlled area.
May be required to stand or sit for prolonged lengths of time.
Noise level is usually low to moderate.
Must be able to walk, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, climb and crouch
Eric M. Krichbaum
2432 - D, Hwy 72-221 E
Greenwood, SC 29649
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.