Program Coordinator Level II (2 positions)
Date Posted: November 4, 2020
Deadline: October 14, 2020
Organization: TRENTON CORRECTIONAL INSTITUTION
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Wages/Salary: Hiring Range - Min. $34,840.00 Hiring Range - Max. $44,994.00
Minimum and Additional Requirements
State of SC Minimum Requirements:
A Bachelor's Degree and relevant program experince
(Or an acceptable equivalency as approved by the Division of State Human Resources).
SCDC MInimum Requirements:
- A Bachelors degree
- An Associate's Degree;
- Two (2) years of customer service experience
- Associate's Degree or higher in Criminal Justice and relevant program experience in program development, implementation and oversight.
- Ability to instruct/teach/lecture, make presentations, and prepare reports. Must have good customer service skills.
Under the direct supervision of the Program Coordinator II:
- The position provides counsel, program oversight, evidence based program instruction, and case management to offenders.
- Assists in the development, implementation, and evaluation of agency approved programs, and develops working relationships with other agencies and volunteers.
- Develops professional relationships with inmates to become trusted mechanisms of support.
- Assists in the development, implementation, and evaluation of Agency sanctioned programs and specialized housing.
- This may include the development of policy to establish standardized principles and procedures.
- Assists the Program Coordinator II with the hands on development of specialized programs.
- Conducts program specific lectures/instruction, oversees institutional programs, participates in Town Hall Meetings, gives counsel to inmates in groups or one on one.
- Provides guidance to volunteers who provide, or want to provide, programming opportunities within SCDC.
- Coordinates with state/local partners to coordinate effective pre-release services for inmates returning to the community.
- Completes assessments to evaluate the ongoing progress of programs and participants.
- Develops and implements pre-release case plans in collaboration with the client, identifying discharge outcomes and potential intervention strategies, ensures client's confidentiality and client's rights are maintained.
- Participates on multi-disciplinary/treatment team for the purpose of program evaluation and case management consultation. Participates in staff meetings and attends training as required.
- Completes and submits assigned monthly reports as requested for supervisory review.
- Assists in special projects as needed. Performs other duties, upon the request of the Warden, which benefits the mission of the institution.
- Initiates conversations with community leaders, which might help local institutions develop and/or maintain programs behind the fence.
Must succesfully complete 3 week SCDC Basic Training upon hire.
Employee will have contact with inmates on a daily basis.
Questions regarding the application process, this job posting or any other postings with the SCDC should be directed to:
Recruiting and Employment Services
84 Greenhouse Road
Trenton, SC 29847
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.