Programs Manager - Recreation Complex
Date Posted: November 4, 2020
Deadline: July 24, 2020
Organization: City of Newberry
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Wages/Salary: $36875 - $37627
- Must be out-going, energetic, creative, and demonstrate a high level of customer service and detail orientation. Must have the desire to work within a teamwork environment as a team player.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule which will include days, evenings, and weekends. An ability to manage multiple priorities with excellent organizational skills. Strong written and verbal communication skill set with a proven ability to forge productive, professional relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Some knowledge pertaining to turfgrass management and ball field maintenance.
- Bachelor’s degree in parks and recreation management, business, hospitality management, or related field supplemented by (3) three (5) years of responsible experience in programming and management, some of which has been in a supervisory capacity, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience, which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds occasionally, work outside in the elements, operate various sporting equipment, as well as, general office equipment.
- Valid South Carolina driver’s license.
If you are an engaging, team-oriented, flexible, approachable, and socially dynamic individual looking for a challenging and rewarding work experience in recreation, we invite you to apply for the Newberry Recreation Complex Programs Manager position.
As the Programs Manager, you will be responsible for planning, organizing, directing and supervising comprehensive recreation and leisure services for the community. In this role, some duties will include working with outside groups for facility use/rental of athletic fields, shelters, pond and nature programs; maintenance, management and staffing of Gully Washer Splash Park and Complex Concessions; maintenance and management of athletic fields and assist other department related programs. Some related administrative, supervisory and professional work will be required, when needed. Reports to the Parks, Recreation and Tourism Director.
1330 College Street
Newberry, SC 29108
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.